cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDO: Master-Detail problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I have the problem with Master-Detail UDO when inserting new record in the Parent table I has found with an "empty" record in the table daughter.

Or, after deleting of the unique line in the matrix with the click on "Update" button, in the child table was saved a record with fields with following values:

• Code = Code from parent table;

• LineID = 1;

• Object = UDO_ID.

A strange behaviour or is DI API problem?

I have SAP B1 2005APL43.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ciao Sierdna,

L'altro giorno il tuo sugerimento per il combobox mi he stato di molto auito, he sono riuscito a risolvere il problema. Molte Grazie.

Ho un'altra domanda. Sai come fare per chiamare un UDO da un UserDefinedForm?. Mi spiego: Ho un Form dove ci sono diversi combobox collegati a diverse UserDataTables. Cuando si clicka su Inzerire Nuovo, deve chiamare l'UDO rispettivo. Questo UDO gia lo registrato col wizard, ma il comportamento e molto diverso cuando si chiama dal Moduli Standard e cuando si chiama dal mio Form. Esiste un modo di chiamare al stesso UDO dei Moduli Standard?

Non so se mi sono spiegato bene.

Salutti

Giuseppe.

P.D.: Ti chiedo scuse per il mio italiano. Io vivo in Venezuela e l' italiano lo scrivo non molto bene.

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As standard, you will always get a single line in the child table. If the user hasn't entered data for any lines then most of the fields in the child table will be blank or null. As far as I know, there's no way around this. However, you could enforce logic in your form that prevents the header being saved unless the user has also provided sufficient data in the first line of the child matrix.

Kind Regards,

Owen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Owen,

I think in the same way, In the forms of this type I improve user to do one from two things: "you add the line to Detail" or "it eliminates Master without details".

I entrust to me of your experience and mark the question like solution.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Andrei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Owen,

I want to inform you about Sierdna said because it also happens when you have more than one child rows in matrix and you try to delete one of them with right click (Delete Row) on it.

Best regards

Andrea