cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back order Processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

What is back order processing, Does it include Production orders against sales orders

I have a scenario Make to Order, I want order to be confirmed based on the Pro. Orders

Thanks in Advance

Bunny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Munna

When you call up [backorder processing] for a material, the system lists all goods receipts and issues relevant to the availability check. You can process missing parts from this list. If an availability check (ATP logic) determines that a requirement (sales order, reservation and so on) cannot be totally covered, that is, if the committed quantity is smaller than the required quantity, the material in question is considered to be a missing part.

Backorder processing offers you the following processing options:

- * You can commit open requirements, for example, if the stock has increased since the last availability check, a new goods receipt has occurred and so on.

- * Quantities that have already been committed can be redistributed by subtracting an amount already committed to one requirement and assigning it to another, more urgent requirement.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.The materials for which there are missing quantities can be processed, with the backorder processing function.

In this process, you can commit requirements up to the amount of the current ATP quantity or you can re-allocate quantities that have been committed.

let me explain in simple terms.Ex : u created 5 sales orders having quantities of 100 of material X.but,these

orders are not delivered. tomorrow if one customer orders for materal x in 80 quantities u can allocate the material from that 100 quantities.this is back order perocessing.

2.In make to order Scenario, first, customer will raise sales order. with reference to this, Production order will be raised and the material will be posted in our premises (plant/storage location ) through special stock indicator E (orders on hand)

hope it will be helpful..

reward points if helpful.

regards..

Yogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply,

does it mean sales order stock special stock indicator E, also included once they move to Plant or WM,

Is there any possibility to check production orders also against the sales orders

I have created a sales order( Make to Order) ..No stock is confirmed.

Tomorrow Production order will be created for the sales order.

I want system to confirm sales order with reference to Production order. Is this possible with backorder processing