cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file sender to file receiver scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to move a file (any type) from an FTP server to another file server as-is (no mapping) via XI.

What would be the quickest way to achieve this? Is doing anything in the IR avoidable since there is no mapping required?

Regards,

Rex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it very heavily depends on your file size

the fastest way would be to use create a java proxy in which you can move file from one location to another

if you want to put your file inside XI

then large files will process very slowly

Regards,

michal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest file with attachments for this.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1685 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rex,

You can easily achieve this without doing anything in the IR.

For the objects in the directory like sender agreement, Receiver determination & Interface Determination,just use a dummy Interface name & name space ....like say...Int_Dummy and http://company.com/dummnamespace ....These need not be there in the IR...

And the comm. channel you can give file name scheme as . to pick everything up from the source folder.

Thanks,

Renjith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick responses Michal and Renjith.

Michal, thanks for the heads up on large files. It is not an issue for our case.

Renjith, thanks for confirming what I thought was possible. I have the same solution as yours.

Regards,

Rex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried the scenario you explained. I had a text file placed in source directory. And created the required config obejcts. But the file is not getting picked up by the adapter. The adapter status is set to green in RWB.

Help me.

Thanks

Praveen Sirupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Pls double check the usual culprits:

1. file name

2. directory path

3. polling interval

Regards,

Rex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Filename, path and poll interval are fine, no problem with them. I selected the Msg protocol - File and specifying a text file which has a coupl of strings.

Is this fine or shud it be an xml file?

thx

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

The file doesn't have to be necessarily an XML file.

Might the problem be case-sensitivity ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I double checked the parameters..evrything looks fine.

I donno why the adapter is not picking up the file. But my other file adapters are working fine.

The parameters are as follows.

(x) Sender () Receiver

Adapter type: File

Transport Protocol: File system (NFS)

Msg Protocol: File

Adapter Engine: Integration Server

Src Directory: D:\XIDemo\Send

File Name: Pick_up.txt

QoS: Exactly once

Poll interval: 600

Processing mode: Test

Processing sequence: By Name

File Type: Text

The adapter is in active state.

I deleted the initial adapter and created again, still not result

Whats wrong here?

thx

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi praveen..the settings are fine and it is working for me.

But the thing is that it can't complete the scenario without the file content conversion.

though the file is read, it will not be processed .

regards,

datta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the scenario which is working as desired, whats the message protocol? File or File content conversion?

In case of content conversion, what did u fill for RecordSet structure and the other parameters.

In either case, adapter is not picking up my file.

Message was edited by: Praveen Sirupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi praveen.. u can use any protocol.If u use FCC protocol u have to give document name,record set etc..and accordint to that u hav to define datatype msg. type and message mapping and even interface mapping.Dummy interface concept is not working with FCC for me.

In ur settings try to reduce poll interval to 20/30.It's nothing to do.but have a trail.Its working fine for me with dummy interface.

regards,

datta