cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy R3 inconsistency check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am making a copy of a system R3 Enterprise, I did the installation in a machine with win203 x64 and SQL.He made the installation of the central body and then I attach the BD, upon entering the system I get a message "Can´t execute sap_check_if_sick. Severe problems were detected during initial system check.Please, do not use that system before fixing these problems". What can I do? Process is correct?

Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Few questions

1. What is your SQL version?

2. Whether your source system also with the same configuration i.e win2003-x64 with the same release of SQL server ?

3.Whether Your source system is upgraded ?

Regards,

Satyabrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. SQL 2005

2. Whether your source system also with the same configuration i.e win2003-x64 with the same release of SQL server ?

No, source system windows 2000,SQL 2000 and target system windows2003 x64 with SQL 2005

3.The source system is upgraded the sql 2000 to SP4 and R3 is on stack 48.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my understanding, you are doing data migration, rather than system copy.

There is the difference of versions in database in the source and target system. You need to upgrade your source system database to SQL 2005 before database copy/restore to the target system database.

You can find your solution in the SAPnote 799058, check point number 3.

<removed_by_moderator>

Please read the "Rules of Engagement"

Regards

Satyabrat

Edited by: Satyabrat Mohanty on Jul 29, 2008 10:21 AM

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Jul 29, 2008 9:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the migration is to change the db model o OS model, no upgrade a version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your information,but what you are doing is not a standard procedure to Upgrading a version.You can find the upgrade guide in the SAP market place and also follow the note no 799058.Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Satyabrat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

basically we need to know the details... if the system started you must have info about it on the logs so check dev_w0, dev_disp....

Usually any reference to SICK means that critical process failed to start like ENQ, UPD or SPO... check the logs and post errors here.

Regards

Juan