cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Registry - Service state

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

what means the state activated/deployed?

I thought the following:

modelled = The ES model was published from the ESR to the SR

activated/deployed = The ES was deployed on the application server (no endpoint was created)

configured = The ES was configured with endpoint

But now i have found one service with state activated/deployed with an endpoint??

Now what means activated deployed?

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Activate/deployed" state are without endpoint, you wouldnt find entry (endpoint name, target adress and binding URL) in the tab strip "Endpoints".

"Configured" state are with endpoint(s) created in tab strip "Endpoints".

That's basically what happened in my SR in CE 7.1.

Are you refering to CE 7.1?

Did you re-published your service definition?

- julius

Edited by: julius on Jul 25, 2008 8:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/57/07813ee3d32b44e10000000a114084/content.htm

● When you deploy a service definition that has no configuration settings applied through annotations in the Developer Studio, the system creates a service endpoint with default runtime settings. In the SAP NetWeaver Administrator, you can edit the settings of this service endpoint to apply your custom configuration settings, or explicitly create one with new settings.

● When you deploy a service definition that has configuration settings only for properties of design time features in the Developer Studio, such as authentication level, or enablement of Web service reliable messaging, the system does not create a service endpoint. In the SAP NetWeaver Administrator, you have to explicitly create a service endpoint to apply runtime configuration settings.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards,

Vandana.