cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Solution Managers

0 Kudos

Hi all,

My clients has two different instances of SAP, both hosted in different data centres. One has Solution Manager (managing v4.6c) and holds documents and I assume a SLD for this system.

The other instance doesn't currently have SM with it and the version is v4.7.

My question is "can you utilise the SM already in place for the second instance (the v4.7 one)or does it need a separate / dedicated SM? Is there likely to be a conflict of SLD's and asscoiated documents and also what about the bandwidth between SAP instances and SM as I heard it can be quite large at times?"

I think a seperate Solution Mnager is required for the systems we host due to comms and general support reasons but I need a good response to feedback to my customer either way.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't see a requirement of another SOLMAN instance. All you need to do is to perfectly do sizing of your SOLMAN.

There won't be any confustion in SLD, just add one more technical system for 4.7 as well.

This will solve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

Nagaraju:?? IF just for two systems you suggest two solman instances, how will you address medium/huge landscapes?? say a medium landscape with 5 systems, your answer says, we need 5 SOLMAN instances!@!

In fact the sizing for solman depends on the number of alerts that come into solution manager, the number of service desk users etc..

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to install a separate SM instance for the other server as you mentioned it is installed and located in a diffrent environment and also the data transfer would be slow in case if you would try to connect withe the existing SM. Hope this answers your question.

Pl reward points if it helps.

Thanks,

Naga