cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Querry regarding Roles in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone tell me the creation of roles in SRM.

Currently we have role called Z_EBP_OPERA_PURCH_10000

which means the spend limit of that role is 10000 euros. This way we have multiple roles for different spend limits.

Now I have to create a new role with spending limit of 30000 euros. In this case can I copy the existing role i.e from the above one and name it as Z_EBP_OPERA_PURCH_30000. will this is going to work?

Or additionally do I have to do anything other settings in the system so that the new role works for 30000.

2 .Also creation of any new role is Job of whom SRM Functional consultant or will it be a job of Security and Administartion team.

Because what I feel is SRM functional consultant can only assign the roles which are there available in the search list and new roles has to be created by a S&A am I rt?

Please suggest me on the above 2 queries

Regards

Sairam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

laurent_touillaud
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

1. The creation of the role should work, but don't forget to change the spending limit in the role.

2. The depends on the internal functionning. this is different for every project. Your analyse is not wrong but you should ask this question to some project managers.

Regards,

Laurent.

(Oops i think i answered too late for this one...)

Edited by: laurent touillaud on Jul 24, 2008 4:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

After copying the role please make sure that the BBP_SPENDING_LIMIT value ( Transaction PFCG -> Personalization Tab) is changed to the appropiate value "30000". Only then this role will work for the limit of 30000.

Usually the activity of roles creation and assignment should be taken care by the User Administartion Team.

Regards

Kathirvel