cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Backend calls XI via RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I managed to use the RFC adapter in order to send a message from a third party via XI to an R/3 system using RFC between XI and R/3.

Now I'd like to use RFC again for the other direction. However I fail to understand what Remote Function I must call from the R/3 backend in XI in order to link up with a specific message interface configured in XI?

Any hints much appreciated.

Thanx, Rene

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have accidently captured my previous message with different user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls check the follwoing weblog...

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Thanks,

Renjith

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have a look at my weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

you have to import RFC into repository

and then call it from your abap program for example

with

remember to commit your RFC call

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanx for the weblog. I do understand the sm59 setup.

What's missing though is the actual application logic within R/3. There I do collect all data to be sent out via XI.

What does the actual remote function call look like:

CALL <i>WHATFUNCTION</i> IN DESTINATION <i>WHATDESTINATION</i>.

How does it fit together?

Thanx, Rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

>>What does the actual remote function call look like:

Check this thread..

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Let me try to list down the steps...

create an RFC destination(Say R3_TO_XIRFCSEND) of type HTTP in the SAP R/3 system, with the gateway host&service as R/3's gateway host & service and a programID name.

Create a communication channel of type rfc sender, give the same values as given in the sm59 destination for fields program id , gateway hosy & service. Also give a login parameters to an rfc metadats repository system(this can be any system in the landscape which has the RFC FM interface available).

In the SAP R/3 system, make the FM call at destination R3_TO_XIRFCSEND.

In the XI have a sender agreement for the business sytem pointing to the R/3 instance and the rest of the config.

Thanks,

Renjith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I appreciate the responses that I received. Everything has been set up, yet there seems to be an issue still. Personally I guess that I still get something wrong in my understanding.

Here's what I've done:

1. set up RFC channel 'SapRfc_ChannelOut' as Sender in XI.

2. set up RFC Destination XI1CLNT100 in backend system, connection type T.

3. Test connection from within R/3 works perfectly

4. Developed FM Z_RFU_01 in backend.

5. Import of FM in XI Rep and design of all components

6. Config in XI Dir: Here comes the question - <b>Does the Interface name has to be the same as the FM name? That's not the case in my config.</b>

7. Test FM Z_RFU_01 from within backend results in a short dump. The error is <i>"lookup of alternativeServiceIdentifier via CPA-cache failed for channel 'SapRfc_ChannelOut' (7dbb36a6cdf035bf9de2e93cb66ac6ee, p"</i>

There is no further info in any of the message monitors.

What am I missing?

Kind Regards,

Rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Pls make sure that in the RFC sender channel you have given the logon details to the backend system for the RFC Metadata repository.

Also, the sender RFC communiication channel needs to be created under the Business system for the the R/3 backend system.

Thanks,

Renjith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

here i am unable to connect the SAPR/3 (EC6) from CXI server in IR

it showing an error message like 'invalid username and password combination'.

when i try to connect it more than 3 times my SAP R/3 password settings were affected

what are the prerequisities are needed to connect SAP R/ to CXI (means RFC ports).

here my BSIS team dont know how to connect and what to configure to make up connwection between R/3 to CXI

so please help me in this regard

i am waiting for your reply

thanks

Ravikumar.G