cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I have a requirement that is there any Document that donu2019t have external number range

(For example sales order we have an external number range).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

we have both internal and external number ranges for both sales document and delivery document

which you will assign the number range in the sales document type and delivery document type..

but billing document is the only document which has only internal number assignment

system specifies the number but not us externally

all the best

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question is not clear. But what i have under stood is you would like to maintain external number range for sales documents...

Yes it is possible, You can maintain external number ranges by going to t.codes VN01 and VN02 there u speicy the number ranges and then activate external tick mark and then the same number code should be assinged to sales document types in VOV8...

If you dont want external then please deactivate external and activate internal...

Please let me know if i have under stood wrongly...

Regards

sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Billing document uses only internal number range.

In VOFA, YOU WILL NOT FIND ANY SCOPE FOR EXT. NO. RANGE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check with your answer that you have given that is not right i thing soo because i tried the same .please goto img/sd/billing/ billing documents

and the same

like img/sd/billing/ Define number ranges for billing documents

please check it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Billing document number is always Internal Number range.

Cheers !!!

Imzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra

Just try once.

Create or select one "External number range" (t.code VN01), The menu path given by you, I have just put the t.code.

Where do you assign this number range ? It is in the Billing type detail screen (t.code VOFA), Right ?

After assigning this number range to your Billing document type, Now create an order, deliver it and create a Billing document, you will get the answer.

System will give you warning "ASSIGN AN INTERNAL NUMBER RANGE ".

Beacuse, Billing document ,uses an internal number range only.

That is why in the Billing document type ,you will find only one check box " No. range int.assgt" & there is no scope for any External number range assignment.