cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have my JAVA system which uses web services.To connect my JAVA system with XI if i have to for JDBC adapter instead of SOAP what are the complexities I may find?and Which one u suggest?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

well regarding your problem you had to go for SOAP adapter as your XI system had to be connected with your system .

Bsically JDBC adapter is used to fetch data from database ., but here you had to make connectivity with webservice that is third party you had to go for SOAP adapter.

so there will be no complexities if goin for SOAP adapter.

Regard's

Chetan Ahuja

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this URL for more adapter level clarification:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/8f/d906d01f77fa40a4c84683c3f8326f/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Boopathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Main difference would be deployment of Compatbile JDBC Drivers for u r DB.

Other than that if u have Webservice with u taking to u r DB better use SOAP Adapter

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use JDBC adapter directly you are doing mapping your database to SAP. If you are using webservices to SAP you need the SOAP adapter.

Here you have to under stand the format of message.

If the message type is database tables you have to use jdbc.

if the message type is SOAP content you need to used soap adapter.

Basically Adapter convert any format of message to XML message which is understand by XI.

Based on message format you need to use adapter.

Thanks,

RamuV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameera,

If Your JAVA Application is based on Webservice means You can Either Use HTTP OR SOAP Adapter at sender side.

You can use the JDBC Adapters also at Sender side to Pull the data from the database Directly and send it to XI.

But rather than using the JDBC , its better to use Either HTTP or SOAP.

Use HTTP is there is not Validation kind of things and there is no further more attchments and all.

Like if you just want to send the data. thats all.

Use SOAP in the other case, like is you want to do User Authentication validations and all and Attchment kind of things

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why JDBC adapter instead of SOAP?

Thanks

Farooq