cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How 2 assgin a character value to the auxillary cell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm assigning a character value to the auxiliary cell in the macro. But it gives me a dump. So do let me know can I assign a character value to the auxiliary cell ( I need to display this value for the alert text).

Thanks,

Siva.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Auxilliary cells cannot have characters.

If it is just a question of having custom text in alerts, make sure in SPRO (SCM BASIS -->Alert Monitor --> Maintain Dyn/DB alert) you have the correct text defined. The numbers corresponding to the SPRO entry for custom alert can subsequently be used in the macro logic to make sure the custom text is displayed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why are you trying to use a character in the planning book - why not a representative value in numbers

but if you HAVE to use characteristic then you can also try to use the notes functionality (right click on a cell and go to notes if you have not seen this )

These notes are usually anchored to a cell. These notes are stored in a table (check in se 16 with wildcard on notes ) and is associated to the value of a cell

So if you can reference a cell value and put in the conditons to the values on it you might be able to manipulate the values in the table for notes and this will cause the notes in the interactive planning boo to change accoring to the value of the cell