cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Activating HTTPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured HTTP and SMTP in SAP Solution Manager 4.0 and it is working properly. However, when I created an entry for HTTPS with a different port which is not in use, and tried to activate HTTPS, got error: Operation failed (rc=1) Message no. ICM006. Plz help in this regards. We are using integrated ITS 700 version.

Thanks,

Satish.

Edited by: Satish Arram on Jul 24, 2008 1:39 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting same error from past 15 days can any one help me please.

Operation failed (rc=1)

Message no. ICM006

Regards

Sunil Tuppad

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member

Hi All,

In case of HTTPS, as per the comment earlier, if you are sure that there is no conflict in the port, you need to create a standard SSL certificate for it in STRUST. It worked for me using the 50081 port.

karthiksaru
Discoverer
0 Kudos

yes this one worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. In transaction code SMICM > Goto > Trace File > Display All. You can get the details error from here. Else, you can also get the error details from operating system (look for dev_icm file).

2. Normally, the HTTPS activation keep failing due to

• Port clash (SMICM > Goto > Services). You need to assign a different port on icm/server_port_x. Define on available/free port.

• The SAP Cryptographic Library is not installed.

Regards,

Gopinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error can occur if the default HTTPS port 443 is in use. If another instance is running on the same host, and that server has HTTPS turned on, there will be a conflict. Specify an unused port (IE: 444) instead of the default port. To do this, set the instance profile parameter to "icm/server_port_2 = PROT=HTTPS, PORT=444, TIMEOUT=600".

Good Luck,

Zenon Rykala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Is there any news on this thread (issue) ? I am facing with the same error, too.

Thanks in advance for responses.

Regards,

Mustafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thnx for the links. I am going through the link. However, the links which you have provided is for Process Integration [ PI ] and not for configuring ICF. Though, i'll have a look at them.

The following is the dev_icm log file entries.

[Thr 1286] <<- ERROR: SapSSLInit(read_profile=1)==SSSLERR_LIB_NOT_FOUND

[Thr 1286] *** ERROR => IcmIActivateService: SapSSLInit (rc=-1): SSSLERR_LIB_NOT_FOUND [icxxserv_mt. 737]

[Thr 1286] *** ERROR => IcmHandleMonServMsg: IcmActivateService failed for 8003, 2(rc=-14) [icxxmsg_mt.c 1872]

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Were you able to fix that issue, if so can you share how did you fix it.

Thank you,

sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's so fast. All I did in STRUST I activate the client and server SSL along with the anony too.

Thanks,

sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Set the following parameter in INSTANCE profile parameter.

rdisp/start_icman = TRUE and restart the system.

Regards,

Srini Nookala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

The profile parameter which you have specified, rdisp/start_icman, has already been set to TRUE.

FYI

I am able to connect from browser using http: url. However, when I try to activate HTTPS, in smicm t-code, I am getting the above error which I have mentioned.

Thanks,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am still getting the same error when I try to activate HTTPS in SMICM T-Code. Can any one assist me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with the following steps.

1. Activate SICF configuration settings.

2. Tcode SMICM --> Check with HTTPS options.

Regards,

Srini Nookala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Thnx for the reply.. I have already added entry in TC: SMICM --> Goto --> Services. When I select HTTPS and click on Service --> Activate, it is giving the following error:

Operation failed (rc=1)

Message no. ICM006

We are using AIX os.

Thanks,

Satish.