Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdispatcher suddenly stops/ is shutting down

lu_huynh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I have a strange behaviour of our SAP Webdispatcher. It seems like it is shutting down once a week. Does somebody know what might be responsible for this? Are there some settings in the profile which should be set or changed?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kind Regards

Lu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be some has scheduled a cron job to stop/start the SAP system at that time.

Usually this kind of stop/starts are scheduled for SAP Buffer refresh or just a weekly stop/start .They usually will not be for more time it hardly takes 15 min.In that again system will be up.

As we can see the log message saing that it unable to connect to Message server.

And may is it is not part of your start profile (to start the web dispatcher ) so only you need to start this manually.

Is there any pattern in these stop starts...like friday evening or saturday morning or is it more adhoc.

Thanks.

lu_huynh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vani,

thanks for help.

I'm no expert for Linux, but normally there shouldn't be any cron jobs running. How can make it possible to start the webdispatcher at boottime or better automatically, when it's down?

Thanks!

Kind regards

Lu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you post the logs og msg server?

lu_huynh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

thanks for the answer. BUt where can I find the logfile? I was looking in the work folder, but there is no dev_ms or is it in this case the dev_server0 logfile?

@Srhari

I checked the note you mentioned, but I don't think this suites here. I have a standalone Webdsipatcher receiving requests and forwards them to our application server running java AS from Portal.

Regards

Lu

Edited by: Lu Huynh on Jul 25, 2008 11:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't give information : it's absolutely not possible to help you...

There could be hundreds of possible reasons.

Which personal research did you do before posting ?

Did you look inside the trace file (dev_webdisp) ?

Regards,

Olivier

lu_huynh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

I just want to ask, if somebody might have a similar problem or knows the reason for that behaviour.

I took a look at the file dev_webdisp what displays the following:

[Thr 2982751136] *** ERROR => Connection request from (-1/65535/0) to host: trtest03.tr-gruppe.de, service: 8102 failed (NIEHOST_UNKNOWN) [icxxconn_mt.c 2731]

[Thr 2982751136] *** ERROR => IcmConnClientRqCreate() failed (rc=-8) [icrxx_mt.c 4919]

[Thr 2982751136] *** ERROR => Could not connect to SAP Message Server at trtest03.tr-gruppe.de. URL=/msgserver/text/logon?version=1.2 [icrxx_mt.c 2301]

[Thr 2982751136] *** ERROR => rc=-1, HTTP response code: 0 [icrxx_mt.c 2302]

[Thr 2982751136] *** ERROR => see also OSS note 552286 [icrxx_mt.c 2303]

[Thr 3083327152] IcmCreateWorkerThreads: created worker thread 8

[Thr 3083327152] IcmCreateWorkerThreads: created worker thread 9

[Thr 2993462176] IcmWatchDogThread: watchdog started

[Thr 2993462176] Wed Apr 23 19:23:32 2008

[Thr 2993462176] IcmWatchDogThread: Shutdown request received

[Thr 2993462176] *** IcmWatchDogThread: exit thread ***

[Thr 3083327152] IcmLoop: Shutdown request received

[Thr 3083327152] Deactivated service 80 for protocol HTTP on host: "trtest03.tr-gruppe.de"(on all adapters) (timeout=30)

[Thr 3083327152] Deactivated service 0 for protocol SMTP on host: "trtest03.tr-gruppe.de"(on all adapters) (timeout=30)

[Thr 3083327152] *** SAP Web Dispatcher shutdown completed (pid: 6814) ***

Where does the shutdown request might come from?

The Webdispatcher is running on SLES 10.

Thanks!

Kind regards

Lu

Edited by: Lu Huynh on Jul 24, 2008 1:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

>Where does the shutdown request might come from?

Did you read what you copied/pasted ?

• ERROR => IcmConnClientRqCreate() failed (rc=-8) http://icrxx_mt.c 4919*

• ERROR => Could not connect to SAP Message Server at trtest03.tr-gruppe.de*

URL=/msgserver/text/logon?version=1.2 http://icrxx_mt.c 2301

Your web disptacher cannot connect to your message server. That is the reason !

Regards,

Olivier

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you are taking the system offline for backup once a week and this is the result?

regards

Juan

lu_huynh
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Olivier,

thanks for your help.

Yes, I've read the message. But the Webdispatcher works fine the whole time and suddenly shuts down. And when I make checkconfig on the profile everything is fine, even the connection to the message server. I thought there could be another reason.

I think maybe it is not the Web dispatcher, but another application or process?! Next I will check the log files from SLES 10.

Kind regards,

Lu

lu_huynh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I'm going check in the events of our Application Server, maybe I can find a hint or something else.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Lu

Former Member
0 Kudos

>IcmWatchDogThread: Shutdown request received

Maybe some one just shutdowned the web dispatcher ?

Olivier

lu_huynh
Participant
0 Kudos

I hope not, because I'm the only person who adminstrating the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lu,

It seems a network issue for me. Also do check the note [555560|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=555560]

Regards,

Srihari