cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material and division

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can 1 material belong to two different divisions?

I have worked in a pharma company where we had a drug which was promoted and sold by 2 different divisions.like diabetic care division and cardiac care division

This they did as a marketing strategy to improve the sales as diabetic care reps meet more diabetologists and cardiac care reps more cardiologosts and hence the reach will be more and both the segments can use the drug

How do we map this scenario in SAP

Regards

Raja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

You are doing a mistake here in Division.

The "DIVISION" what you are telling of ,they are two selling entity.

I mean your "Diabetic care division"sells mostly diabetic range of products and your "Cardiac care division" sells mostly cardiac/anti-hypertensive products.

Here these two divisions (as you say, it is a marketing terminology)) are selling entity, so you can define them as Sales organisations in SAP and not as division in SAP.

In SAP, "Division" is a product range/product line.

For example,'Anti-hypertensive " product ,you can define as division.

Under this division, you can have,Beta blockers,enalapril,metoprolol brands etc. these various products belong to "Anti-hypertensive" division.

Similarly, you can define your various strength like 5mg,10mg,50 mg as one one product under one division also.

And in your case, same division is being sold by both the selling units ( sometimes it is called S.B.U s, division in marketing term etc.).

It is just like selling a diclofenac brand through both the selling units/entity, where as diclofenac is product belong to the "Anti-inflamatory drug" division.

I hope, I am clear.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thread closed with the excellent reply by Pradamyuna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raja,

you canot maintain one material nuber in two diffrent divisions hence you have to maintain two diffrent

material numbers and take same discription

and if want to see division wise sales u can, and you will not get any problem

thanks & regards

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raja,

u can create a material master by using division 1. Then u can extend this material to division 2. u use T-code mm01. give the organizational data containing division 2.then system will throw a message MATERIAL IS ALREADY CREATED AND NOW EXTENDED.

but dont forget to define common distributional channels and common divisions.so u can use this material for all the sales area u have..

hope it helps.

reward points if helpful..

regards..

Yogi..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Per my understanding Matrial Can not be Extended to different division, it can be extended for Distribution channel and Sales organization.

Division deggretates Product with same characteristics, A Material as Per the standard SAP wont come in Two different Divisions.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

A Material cannot be used for more than 1 division if division is maintained in material master.To address your scenario it is better to make use of common divisions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The material can be created in both the divisions.

the material are recognised based on the batch number.

thansk

Kuntla