cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material and division

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can 1 material belong to two different divisions?

I have worked in a pharma company where we had a drug which was promoted and sold by 2 different divisions.like diabetic care division and cardiac care division

This they did as a marketing strategy to improve the sales as diabetic care reps meet more diabetologists and cardiac care reps more cardiologosts and hence the reach will be more and both the segments can use the drug

How do we map this scenario in SAP

Regards

Raja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

You are doing a mistake here in Division.

The "DIVISION" what you are telling of ,they are two selling entity.

I mean your "Diabetic care division"sells mostly diabetic range of products and your "Cardiac care division" sells mostly cardiac/anti-hypertensive products.

Here these two divisions (as you say, it is a marketing terminology)) are selling entity, so you can define them as Sales organisations in SAP and not as division in SAP.

In SAP, "Division" is a product range/product line.

For example,'Anti-hypertensive " product ,you can define as division.

Under this division, you can have,Beta blockers,enalapril,metoprolol brands etc. these various products belong to "Anti-hypertensive" division.

Similarly, you can define your various strength like 5mg,10mg,50 mg as one one product under one division also.

And in your case, same division is being sold by both the selling units ( sometimes it is called S.B.U s, division in marketing term etc.).

It is just like selling a diclofenac brand through both the selling units/entity, where as diclofenac is product belong to the "Anti-inflamatory drug" division.

I hope, I am clear.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excellent reply

Thank you very much

Regards

Raja

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

R u a Doctor dear Pradyumna as these medical terminologies, I am sure, an ordinary person cannot explain so clearly as you had explained Keep it up !!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mr.Lakshmipati for your compliment.

I really respect you for the solutions you put in this forum.

I read almost all, as those are very very helpful for my knowledge.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

In normal business process single product may not belongs to two different divisions.If it is so there no meaning of division.

But you can promote the product which is belongs to diabetic division through defferent divisions sales people in your case diabetic sales reps and cardioc sales reps, to reach the market quickly.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The material be have in two divisions.

these can be differentiated with a batch number.

Batch number is used to indentify the stock of the material.

thanks

Kuntla