cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

division

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

As a technical consultant i am yet to know the exact meaning and use of division.

can any one please suggest a ans with an example.

what is the difference division and a meterial created in MM01 please provide me with an example where i will reward full points.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Division means a group of products.

say example we have a agents who sells automobiles.

they are different kind of automobiles like 2 stroke, 4 storke and mopeds.

if the agents want to sells on the 4 strokes , so from the 4 stroke we may have many materials like hero honda passion, hero honda splender, tvs apache, bajaj pulsar. these are the materails belongs to 4 stroke.

so the company give the license of the division they sell but not on the material.

i think you got the answer between the division and material .

thanks

Kuntla

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

Please help me, what is the transaction code to view all disposal item per division , per material group or per family.

please answer my question and i give points.

thanks,

Ermin D. Concepcion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

Use table MARA and insert your division(SPART) or Material Group to find out the list of material within the required division

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Division is a product line or a product.Eg:All food items can be grouped under Food Division, Medicines in Pharma Division for the company to have a proper tracking.

If a division is maintained in material master MM01 then that material belongs to that particular division only and now that product cannnot be sold other than this division.If you dont maintain the division in material master then that material can be used with all the divisions available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Division is a Product range, means one division can have multiple materials.

But one material can belong to only one division.

The material belongs to which division ,we maintain the information in the material master , Basic data 1 tab.

Suppose, in my organisation, I am selling "computor" & "Motorcycle".

Here, I have defined these two as two division.

In computor, i have desk top ,laptop etc, that means, the laptop, desktop are two material which belong to "Computor" division.

Similarly, I can have various bike under "Motorcycle" division.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Definition

In the SAP R/3 System you can define a division-specific sales organization. Product groups, i.e. divisions, can be defined for a wide-ranging spectrum of products.

For every division you can make customer-specific agreements on, for example, partial deliveries, pricing and terms of payment. Within a division you can carry out statistical analyses or set up separate marketing procedures.

For example: For Hero Honda Motors, The divisions may be Motorccyle and Tires,

Basically a division seggregated the Prodduct of Same Type.

Thanks,

Raja