cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass parameters to a visual composer iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to pass two parameters to a visual composer iview. I went through the how to guide describing how to do it. I was able to pass the values when I manually attach the parameters to the URL.

But I could'nt find out how to attach these values to the iview URL, permanenty, so that I can add this application to a role in the portal and deliver it to the end users.

I am using EP 7.0 SP 13.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks a lot

Shobin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobin,

what parameters would you like to pass permanently? User-Parameters like Username? Can you explain this so we can suggest an appropriate solution?

You can access the user data by dragging the "user data" symbol to the model. Or you might want to fetch the parameters from inside the VC-Model, using a BAPI or a webservice for example.

Please explain a little more what you plan to do. Otherwise it's hard to answer.

Kind Regards,

Benni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benni,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Here, we have an application ( a single iview ) which is used by different users in our organization.

The iview should receive certain parameters by which the iview decides which values to populate in the dropdown lists.

So, typically, I could use a single iview and deliver it for different departments, passing different parameters for each of them.

Hope you understood the scenario.

Awaiting your suggestions on this.

Thanks once again

Shobin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobin,

You can use user data for the scenario you described.

Map the data from the start point according to the user department (or any other parameter) using IF statement.

Hope this helps,

Shay