cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Combine" in 7.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to follow an example from a book right now. I have a webservice, which fills a table, from which one row is selected. Then I have a form, which is filled out. And I have a submit-button, which makes both, the table and the form, hand on their data to an end-point. This works fine so far, see [1].

The problem is, I discovered while testing, that this end-point returns a structure, which contains two elements - the line from the table (login, firstname, lastname) and the data from the form (title, description, schedule). See [2].

But I need this in one single element. Does anybody have an idea, how to do this? In VC7.0 there was a feature called "combine", in VC7.1 it's gone. I found "aggregate" and "union", but they both don't seem to be, what I am looking for?!

Thanks alot in advance.

Greetings,

Sebastian Leitner

[1] http://www.sebastianleitner.de/vc_problem/vc_model.png

[2] http://www.sebastianleitner.de/vc_problem/vc_result.png

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For combining the form and table output,First you store the table o/p in a bridge.Then connect the form o/p directly to the endpoint.And for the table structure you map it to the bridge values.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

thanks for your reply, but unfortunately this does not solve my problem. The bridge is added as an extra output parameter (which is no problem), but the values of the form and the row of the table are still not joint.

Regards,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It works for me.did u map the fields in the endpoint to bridge data?

Thanks,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, I tried mapping it by event (draw a line from bridge to endpoint), which didn't work. Now I tried mapping directly in the endpoint (=bridgename@field), which did the trick.

Thank you very much!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Do you want to use a single row as data or all the rows?

What would you like to do with the data after putting it into single element? Do you want to reuse it in another model?

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

I want to use a single selected row from that table (select mode is set to "current data row").

I designed a simple process within CE using the Guided Procedures designtime, in which the model above is integrated as a Callable Object. Its output-data will be handed on to the next step of the process.

Best regards,

Sebastian