cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar on Transportation Lanes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to clarify how calendar works on transportation lanes.

I set a time stream on TL which allows TL work on only Tue.When the demand is placed on Monday, CTM plans a STR shipping out on Tue from source location and receiving on Tue at destination location.

I thought that calendar of Tue only affects source location, not destination. But it seems to affect both source and destination. Is that correct?

Any comment is welcome.

Regards,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Calendars in T Lane will help you define the working days in the T Lane. Think this as the days when the truck/ship/plane can move from point A to B. The Transportation duration will then be impacted by the calendar.

The receiving calendar at destination and shipping calendar at source helps CTM in timing or scheduling the STR. In CTM profile one can ignore the calendar data under the Master Data Settings tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for reply.

My scenario is this:

I did not have shipping calendar at source location and shipping calendar at destination location.

I only attached calendar (working on Tue only) at Transp. Lane.

I found CTM result shows both shipping/receiving on Tue.

Question: Transp. Lane Calendar affects both shipping/receiving date?

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

if your transportation duratiion is within the same day...

what happens when you increase duration to more than 24hrs??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transp. duration is 30 days. I found the result shows both shipping/receiving on Tue, so the planned transp.activity last more than 30 days to accommodate Tue constraint.