Insert watermark into background of Crystal Report
How to insert watermark into background of Crystal Report.
Tim Forster replied
How can you design a report so a pre-printed form or a watermark underlies the data on the report?
Use the 'Underlay following section' formatting option to achieve this.
1. Create an additional Page Header section:
· Right-click the gray area to the left of the Page Header section
- Select 'Insert section below'
This inserts a second Page Header, so you now have a Page Header - a and a Page Header - b.
2. Re-size the Page Header - a section so it is the height of the page.
3. Insert the bitmap image (a .BMP file) of the pre-printed form or logo for the watermark into the Page Header -a section.
4. Go to Format | Section to open the Section Expert window, and select the Page Header - a section.
5. Select the 'Underlay following section' option.
6. Close the Section Expert.
The bitmap image in Page Header - a now appears beneath all the sections that come after it, up to the Page Footer.
The Page Headers and Page Footers cannot exceed the vertical size of the report.
Ensure that you suppress the Page Footer of the report because the Page Header cannot underlay the Page Footer.
If you have lines or boxes that disappear under the bitmap, see article number c2009716 for a solution at our support site: