Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Nimrod!

see you around

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nimrod

Thanks for the replay.

What is the largest file size you have worked with in XI?

Thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had to deal with 1.5GB but i tested only a chunk of it in the size of 1MB on a DEV env.

I reccomend you to look around in the forum and learn from other pepole expiriance as well.

I think 50MB might turn into 0.5GB...XI will handle the file faster if you devide it (remember we are talking about Message Broker and it expects request-response behavior and not - all the master data in on go.

You have to do a bit of research and test you system after you've increased the memory allocation for the adapter. If the file will be drawn to XI fast enought and with no memory problem you can split it by buisness logic inside the mappings (user defined functions,1:n...)

I hope the example file the customer gave you is representing the "real life" file size , cause if you develope the interface thinking the file is maximun 0f 50-60MB and in PROD you'll get 100...things can be trouble.

Good luck Udi.points please...

Nimrod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi, How are you?

please refer to SAP note: 821267 chapter 14(read all the note anyway...good for general knowledge)

the note explain this issue as well as other file com. channel subjects.

Also refer to my posting "Re: Processing huge file loads through XI, why bother???" in case someone puts a gun to your head and asks you to transfer files>1GB ..

From my experience the converted XML from the flat file tend to be 10 times bigger then the original(all depends on the number of character in a single line....)

I has a 1MB of flat file that turned into 10MB of XML ...do the calcs. yourself...

In times the file size can not be processed even after extending the java heap size(not your case i guess) try to split the file in a buisness logic way(per customer\order etc. into number of files)

See you round.

Nimrod

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on your OS and java heap size.check SAP notes on the same.You have more info.