cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Presently iam involved in an implementation project.variant configuration is there in the project..my client's question is can we maintain stock of main material and components of variants before receiving the sales order(make to stock).we use to do variant configuration in make to order scenario only..can we maintain the stocks of main material and components at a bulk before receiving sales orders? if yes, how?

Thanks in advane..

Regards..

Yogi..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yogi,

As per the make to order based on the sales order requirement production order will trigger based on this procurement will takes place after that the material will be produced.

If you want to stock for that material without respect of the sales order that will become make to stock.

So I hope in make to order you can't get the stock with out sales order.

I hope it will clear for you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi murali,

thanks for reply.but, my question is can we maintain stocks of main material and components of variants before getting sales order.

Ex: car is my main material .steering, AC, tyres are my components..I will do variant configuration for this with required characterstics like power steering,normal steering,etc...

I want to maintain 10 cars, 100 steerings and 200 tyres stock before getting sales orders .is it possible? if yes, how?

Thanks in advance..

Regards..

Yogi..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per Murali Eaplained, the make-to-order stock will be raised based on a sales order and a special stock indicator E will be used for the same. The production will trigger from the sales order requirements.

But, you can very well stock the components in your storage. But the finished material stock will be raised with reference to the order only (make-to-order scenario).

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali and Prasanth,

thank u both for ur replies.my doubt is clarified.

Regards..

Yogi..

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yogi,

In Make To Order process you can't have the finished products stock irrespect to the sales order,I hope you can have the stock for raw materials.

I hope it will clear for you,

Regards,

Murali.