cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Translating the language in SMARTFORMS to English to Chinese

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

I have requirement to Change / Translate the language in SMARTFORMS to English to Chinese.

kindly tell the procedure to do that.

In SE63 , i tried to translate it. but it is throwing an error " INCORRECT CODEPAGE".

What does that mean?

How to handle this ?

Waiting for your replies.

Thanks .

Suki.R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first Check whether codepage for Chinese language is installed or not?

Then follow below steps carefully

Step1 :

T/Code > Smartform>Global Settings -->genreal attributes Tab > Set flag (Radio Button)transaltionTo all languages/ Restricted languages

Please set this flag.

STEP2:

Translation:

Use T/code SE63>Translation(Menubar)>R3 enterprise> Other Long Texts>select " SSF"-->Enter Smartform name and from language and destination language.

STEP3:

Transporting translations :

Please execute the following program for transporting translations : RS_LXE_RECORD_TORDER

Target language = * or Target transalation lang.

Object type = SSF

Then Press Create Transport Request button. Create Request.

Then include all your translations to that request.

I hope this will solve ur problem.

Regards,

Anirban

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

when i login with ZH (Chinese) as the language and execute a report , it shows it in Chinese language.

does it mean that Chinese codepage is installed ?

how to check if chinese codepage is installed or not.

Thanks in advance.,

Suki.R

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is abt the encoding used by the system like...ASCII, utf-8, unicode..etc... codepage is the characterset...since u r using Chinese..probably u dont have that codepage....check ur system encoding...

also see the links below...if it helps...

SE63

go to transaction SE63. Menu Translatin - ABAP objects - other long texts. Expand FS - select SSF.

give the smartform name in the object name. select the source and target language. once you provide these details, you can translate the words and put it manually in the text names and save it. this will do the job for you. a little R&D will be enough for you do the changes.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm310/helpdata/en/b4/54601d77f38e429ffad9e3e11c1b25/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/41/71601b3ab0f34a8e00aa01338c68f3/content.htm