cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent - Inspection Sample

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

1. I am into Paper Mfg company. Here the scenario is that some 10,000 LB (varies) Jumbo Roll is produced. And from this Roll, just some small A4 size (roughly) of paper is taken for Quality Inspection which is like 0.000001 % (very much negligible) of the Jumbo Roll. Now, when doing UD and posting the stock from Inspection to Unrestricted Stock, it shows a Defective of around 1000 LB..and so the Unrestricted stock is 9000 LB. (Ofcourse I can change the qty there in the same UD - view, but I don't want this)

I am using Sample Procedure in QP01 for MIC-1, MIC-2. I don't know much about the Sample Drawing / Procedure.

2. Also, the Lot size in Inspection Lot Transaction is around 2000 LB and I don't even want this much.

Please help.. Thanks in advance....And Good Points for best solution solution.

Thanks.

KIT.

-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try fixed inspection - sampling procedure, with sample unit of as Number.

Regards,

Neeraj

0 Kudos

Need Help Please....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kumar,

Your question is not clear try to give more details ....any way check this

1. If your sample size is fixed (i.e. irrespective of roll weight, if you are using fixed quantity as sample) u2013 select sample type as u2018fixed sampleu2019 in sampling procedure and enter sample size.( QDV2)

2. If your sample size is percentage of lot (i.e. what ever the roll weight, if you are using percentage of quantity as sample) u2013 select sample type as u2018percentage sampleu2019 in sampling procedure and enter percentage value. But this is not advisable. (QDV2)

3. If this sample is not usable after completion of inspection then select the check box destructive inspection in control parameters of MICs. (QS22)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

All of first you need to elaborate the master date you have maintained to the inspection plan. Like our friend Vanapalla has asked you.

What is the sample type you are using over there? (%sample, with schema), now don't ask how to check them, go to the transactions I ahve mentioned along with the question and revert with the details. (QDV3).

What is the sample size you have mentioned in the Inspection plan for the MIC, (QP03) and in which UOM?

If the sample UOM is different then the Base UOM, then what is the Conversion Factor.? (MM03)

Pls don't make any kind of enticement of points, hence what i believe is, to reward points to the good reply should be a natural and very often manner, that is not a matter of highlighting. It should be very obvious manner. Pls don't mind my words, If those have made you feel embracing, pls believe me, that was not the intention, and if that such so I deeply regret.

Regards,

Shyamal

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Jul 25, 2008 10:22 AM

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Jul 25, 2008 10:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you give more details...

1. For what inspection type you are using this...

2. What is the sample type you are using in sampling proceedure.

3. What are the settings for u made in control indicators - sample for MICs.