cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Delete Data Group?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I am trying to delete Data Group ,which was created but it gives me error"Selected data group cannot be deleted because it has objects assigned to it"

How can i remove this objects and delete Data Group?

Please let me know

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it gives me error"Selected data group cannot be deleted because it has objects assigned to it

For deleting Data group you have to delete the records which are assigned to its objects. i mean suppose under data Group you created photos, for this obect if you assigned records into Record Mode of MDM Data Manger so you can not Delete Data Group. So firstly delete or unassign the records associated with it then only you could delete objects of Data Group.

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Edited by: Mandeep Saini on Jul 24, 2008 8:05 AM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Kindly update us...

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for not being able to update ..its just time difference ...GMT+10...

I just tried to delete the data from data group and delete data grp ..It still gives same error ..

I am just trying to analyse more if theres some data assigned..

Will get back to you All very soon..

Thanks for your replies ..

Awarded points ..

Cheers!!

Vikrant M Kelkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Since Data Group is an internal table hence we cannot see the objects assigned to particular data group. You need to navigate to different tables like PDF, Image and select the Data Group available at the left which shows you the objects belonging to that data group. Now from the record detail you can change the data group of that particular record. This way try to empty the data group and then only you can delete it from Objects -> Edit Data Groups.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

I suppose u are talking about the data groups created for images and pfs.

The system will not allow you to delete the data groups unless and until you have images or pdfs objects linked to it.

You will first have to remove these objects from the data groups.

For this firstly go to the main table and select the field which you have created for making a reference to that object.

Double click on that.A window will open.

Here you select the object and click on remove.

Once you have removed all the objects linked to the data group you will be able to delete it.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikranth,

If some objects like PDF or image is assigned a data group

which you are trying to delete, it will not allow you to delete the data group.So if you want to delete the data group,remove the object(PDF/image) added to the particular data group.That is if the PDF/image is assigned to a particular record as a lookup field in the Main table,remove the object for that record.Then try deleting the datagroup.

Regards,

Preethi