Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles Limitation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Please any one suggest me , is there any limit for creating and generating roles in Production server.

At present we are having around 150 (Z)roles and 70 users in Production.

And how can i find out the licensed users out of this seventy users.

Regards,

Reddy V

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Reddy V wrote

>is there any limit for creating and generating roles in Production

Why do you want to create the roles in Production? I would suggest creating and generating the roles in Dev and test them in QAL and move them to Production.

Regards,

Srihari

0 Kudos

Hi Shihari,

I know that process but i am working two system land scape i.e Dev and Prd.

In some cases we don't have sufficient data to test data in developmentSo that reason we are creating the roles in Production client directly.

Please let me know what is the diff. for creating the roles in production instead of moving from development.

Regards,

Reddy V

0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

If it is allowed to create the roles in production, if you do the assignment with out testing, it may have adverse effect on the authorizations for the users.

Ex: if you are trying to create a finance role for General ledger postings and my mistake you assign it to say some SD guy, the SD guy may have access to finance data.

Frankly speaking till now i have not created any roles exclusively on prod box.

Regards,

Srihari

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Please any one suggest me , is there any limit for creating and generating roles in Production server.

>

> At present we are having around 150 (Z)roles and 70 users in Production.

Not that I know of.

The limit of profiles per user is 312, so you're fine. I've seen systems with way over 10.000 roles so you shouldn't worry about limits here.

0 Kudos

....the only limitiation shall be hard disk space for database and performance of the system (handling big database tables). Up to 1.000 roles there should not be any problem....

b.rgds, Bernhard

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

>

> And how can i find out the licensed users out of this seventy users.

>

>

> Regards,

>

> Reddy V

Please try transaction USMM.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

USMM would give you information on the Licensing info of all users. Should you want to modify the licensing information for any of them, you could go into su01 / measurement data.

- ravi

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think USMM is for auduting purpose... and can u please explain me the process how can i get the license user information.. in my productin box i find more than 500 users in that howmany licenced and other info how can i know..

thanks & regards,

Ganesh.K

0 Kudos

Ganesh,

Please use the search, there are a few posts on the user of USMM and Licence process. The SAP delivered documents for licence auditing contain detailed instructions too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your valuable information