cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wm movement type

Former Member
0 Kudos

i belive that there 2 activitys which happens in WM when you do the GR in IM with movement type 101

WM activitys

1> post the goods into the transit area or in the interim storage area 902

and a transfer request will be genrated

question : so which movement type triggers this thing

means to say taking the goods from IM to the INterim storage area (is it the refrence movement type or osme thing else)

2> now as we creata transfer order system pick sthe good from interim storage area and keeps them in the destination bin/area

question : whihc movement type triggers this this thing

(is WM movement type )

look what i belive is there are 3 movement types

a) IM

b) refrence movement type

c) WM movement type

IM comes into picture when i do the GR in migo

and tell when the other 2 comes into picture and how the system gets them ??????????

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The answers you are getting are too complicated

Simple answer is a 101 mvt type for all of this

I hope that this helps

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

First of all it is an Interim storage Type and not area

The way that it works is as follows.

Wnem you carry out a transaction in IM there is a Storage Location involved.

The system checks if there is a Warehouse linked to this st loc

If the answer is yes then the system knows that it has to do a little biy extra when the transaction is saved to place the stock in to WM

It does this by looking at the movement type that it is using which in this case is 101

It then checks the reference WM movement type to find out what it has to do in WM and in this case it is 101 again and then it looks at the WM movement type 101 to find out where it has to place the stockwhich in this case is 902.

As all st types have to have at least one st bin this movement type is set up for dynamic bins which means that SAP will create the bin and in this case the st bin is the Purchase order number.

Finally the system will create a Transfer requirement to notify WM that a transaction has taken place at IM level which requires you to do something at WM level which in this case is to create a Transfer Order to locate the stock.

When the Transfer order is created it does the same thing and looks at the movement type (101) and checks where it should take the stock from (902) which it does and depending on your put away strategise it suggest locations for the stock and when the stock is located you confirm the Transfer Order and the process is complete

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we do the GR IM movement type 101

So system creates a TR and the goods are post into interim storage area

Now question is that how come system knows that in which interim storage area I need to put the goods (902)

Now you people say that this happens via the movement type 101(WM one or may be reference one I donu2019t understand the difference b/w these 2 as the no. of both are 101 ) so u say that this happens because in WM movement type a storage area is written u2026u2026u2026..ok fine but If I go there and see the details of the WM movement type then storage area is written in the field as SOURCE (now question is how it can be source it has to be destination because we are putting the goods in there so it should be destination not a source)

i am fine with this concept :>>>

at the time of creating the TO its fine that system makes use of the WM movement type and finds a source storage type that is 902 and on the basis of putaway strategies system is able to find the detination bin .

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

When you do GR in IM it is booked via IM-mvt 101 (generally).

a) You SLoc stock increases - it's clear I think.

b) Your WH stock increaes in 902. The quant appears from 'nothing' into 902 w/o any WM-mvt. Where SAP knows, that it should appear from 'nothing' (from 'outside') in 902?

Because IM-mvt 101 and WM-mvt 101 are connected and SAP knows that when putaway comes, quant has to be picked by WM-mvt 101 and source bin of WM-mvt 101 is 902 > that's why SAP places / creates the quant from 'nothing' into 902 > it later will be harmony with WM-mvt.

Please check it in your sandbox > create a new interim storage type copying 902 - let's call it 977. Set this interim storage type for WM-mvt 101 instead of 902. If my theory works quant should appear in 977.

(SPRO > LE > WM > Activities > Transfer > Define Movement Types)

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear gurus

i am coming to a conclusion that interim storage area is created by sap -

because the WM stock has to be in harmony with the IM stock and its just a logical thing happening in the system

the WM movement happens means to say the phyisical movement of goods happen only in case you are doing TO

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP help says:

'It is through the interim storage areas that the stock quantities remain constant in both IM and WM. The total sum of the stock of all the WM storage areas for a warehouse number, both physical and logical, should always be identical to the sum of the stock in the IM storage location.'

Please be aware:

1. Movements in WH are realized within TO.

2. If there's no quant in WM, SAP cannot create TO.

Into storage bin you can place the quant via TO. But when IM movemnt takes place there's no quant in the system, so, there's no quant > not possible to create TO.

That's why an interface is needed to create the quant, after that comes the TO when the quant already exists.

So, you do not create the quant directlly to bin when IM-mvt takes place > first interface then comes putaway.

BR

Csaba

-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c6/f83bfa4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jul 24, 2008 11:44 AM