cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from NW04 to NW04s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a NW04 WAS 6.40 and we would like to upgrade it to a NW04s.

How can we perform it?

Has anyone some idea about which packages are necessary and how long does it take?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier:

As your current version in based on WAS 6.40 and NetWeaver 04s is built on WAS 7.00 it means to me that you will need to perform a standard upgrade with the repository switch and all that related stuff.

You can get additional information from the installation and upgrade guides at https://service.sap.com/instguides

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Federico G. Babelis

NetWeaver Certified Consultant

http://www.gazum.com

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are going to install some netweaver components. Do we have to choose for nw04 or nw04s? And why?

Greetz

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe:

You can choose NW04 that is already in GA or you can choose NW04s that is currently in ramp-up; If you are going to start your implementation you can take full advantage and start using NW04s directly getting more value from the new functionalities of WAS 7.00.

You can get additional information from https://service.sap.com/rampup

Read this from the Marketplace:

SAP NetWeaver 2004s is the mySAP Business Suite edition of SAP NetWeaver 2004. It is a minor release that delivers on specific needs of the mySAP and xApps solutions delivered by SAP in 2005. The "s" stands for "mySAP Business Suite Edition". SAP NetWeaver 2004s will initially be made available through the ramp-up of the mySAP Business Suite Solutions. SAP NetWeaver is a comprehensive platform comprising former components like SAP EP or SAP BI, which do not longer carry an individual release number.

For customers looking to implement SAP NetWeaver during 2005 in the course of integration or development projects, or in the context of an ESA roadmap strategy, an implementation of SAP NetWeaver 2004 is recommended, as this is the current default release. An implementation of SAP NetWeaver 2004s is only recommended where new capabilities made available with SAP NetWeaver 2004s are absolutely required (e.g. Web Dynpro ABAP, new BI capabilities, MI - mass client administration).

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Federico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the info about the difference!!!

I'm also trying to post a message concerning our installation, but for some reason the message does not appear on the forum (already tried several times). After i post the message i see nothing and the number of replies is set to -1. So therefor i post my question here as a reply and also because it's related to this question.

Here it comes:

Hello Everybody,

We are trying to install the following netweaver software components:

- SAP WebAS ABAP 6.40

- SAP WebAS Java 6.40

- SAP Netweaver Java Development Infrastructure

- Portal Platform

- SAP Exchange Infrastructure (SAP XI) 3.0

- SAP Netweaver Developer Studio

So I went to the service marketplace to download the files (support portal -> downloads), but i have no idea which files i need to download.

Where can i find which files i need to download for which components?

Thanks in advance

Greetz

Christophe

Message was edited by: Christophe Benoit