Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to create Shippment notification message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario as expained below

Sales Order(SO)                                             Purchase Order(PO)  
SRM------------------------------------>XI---------------------->R/3---------------------------->Supplier
    <---------------------------------   <----------------------     <---------------------------
              ASN(referring to SO)                                      ASN(referring to PO)

ASN: Advanced ship notification

The requirement is to send ASN form R/3 to SRM system, whenever we receive it from the supplier.

Please explain how can we create the Outbound ASN message in R/3 to send it to the SRM

And how to relate the Outbound ASN to the Inbound ASN coming into R/3.

please give your valuable suggestions on how to achieve the above requirement.

Thanks,

MK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try BAPI_DELIVERYPROCESSING_EXEC. It is tricky though.

Moreover you might want to use a FM to fill the IDOC data. something like IDOC_INPUT_**. this might be a better option

Message type : DESADV.

<removed by moderator>

Regards,

Raj.

Edited by: Mike Pokraka on Jul 28, 2008 5:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

You need to trigger SHPMNT05 or DELVRY03 Idoc(depending upon your configuration) and map this to ASN.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aamir,

Can you please guide me through the complete process , as I am not familiar with it.

Please explain how can we relate the Outbound ASN( referring SO ) with Inbound ASN(referring PO)?

Really appreciate your help with the above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Please explain how can we relate the Outbound ASN( referring SO ) with Inbound ASN(referring PO)?

Whenever and Order is generated,its order number is stored in field BELNR,when you send this order to external partner,he will respond back to you with ASN which should have the same Order number.when you post this ASN to SRM system it will match the Order number and change the status of IDOC.

Basically you need to get in touch with your R/3 configuration guy,he will tell how about the configuration he has done internally,based upon that you can do message mapping in XI.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All.

I have been told to prepare a Business design document for it by myself.

and as i may have to work on ABAP side, can you please explain step by step how this requirement can be achieved.

Really appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Create shipping notification (ASN) specific to line items in PO.

This ASN is sent out in XML form.

XI converts it to IDOC which can be seen in tx WE05 when it reaches to R/3.

With correct settings (of confirmation control and acnlowledgement) it creates inbound delivery for particular line item of PO.

You can create GR in R/3 with MIGO or VL32.

<removed by moderator>

regards

kummari

Edited by: Mike Pokraka on Jul 24, 2008 12:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kummari for the quick reply,

can you please explain the process step by step, as I am not familiar with the process.

we receive ASN for all the line items (i.e, >1) completed referring the PO from supplier.

and after which we need to create an outbound ASN referring to the SO, to send it to the SRM system.

please guide me through the process.

I would be a gr8 help.

Thanks.

MK