cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver 7.1 - Released?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I had a few questions about the SAP Netweaver 7.1. Has it been released? I am not able to locate installation files for the 7.1. If not, when is it scheduled to be released?

Also, I am so confused as to what the difference is between SAP Netweaver CE 7.1 and SAP Netweaver 7.1. Am I able to download a Netweaver web AS 7.1 with CE??

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

soum_chatterjee
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh

SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1 is the composition environment which is the SOA-composition stack offering from SAP NetWeaver. It is part of the whole NetWeaver stack.

You can download CE 7.1 from service.sap.com/swdc

Regards

Soum

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am even more confused than I was before (maybe I'm just in denial). Are you telling me there is no official Netweaver 7.1 Master download which would enable you to install software components such as EP, PI, etc? So does this imply there will be a different download for "SAP Netweaver Enterprise Portal 7.1" just as there is for PI 7.1?

soum_chatterjee
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh

Right now it is that you need to separately install PI 7.1 , CE 7.1 etc as there isnt one single NetWeaver 7.1 release yet. But this might change in the future.

Hope this clarifies your confusion.

All the best

Soum

Former Member
0 Kudos

PI 7.1, Mobile 7.1 and CE 7.1 are advance shipments of the next platform release. SAP has not announced the release date at this time.

soum_chatterjee
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hello.

We have released SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 already. SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1 is also released on 25th July. There will not be one official NetWeaver 7.1 release but rather release of the different parts of it separately.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Soum

0 Kudos

Hello, me too! Rather, I'm just as confused.

We are currently running NW 7.0 on Windows Server 2003 for our portal (EP7).

We are looking into upgrading our environment and as such I've been investigating using Windows 2008 Server. According to various documentation I've found around SAP's websites, it looks like SAP officially supports running an ABAP system on 2008, but can't officially support running a Java system on 2008 because Sun isn't releasing a 64bit version of the 1.4.2 java stack (although the various notes say the 32bit version works fine but that SAP doesn't support it). But then, the notes go on to say SAP does support running a Java Netweaver 7.1 on 2008 because it uses SAP's own implementation of java.

So, I've been hunting around for NW 7.1 to no avail. I see 'NW 7.1 CE' and 'NW 7.1 PI', but I haven't found just a plain 'NW 7.1'. So, does it exist yet or is it still in ramp-up or what?

Thanks,

Very Confused

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Files are ready for down load.

Below read below info.

SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment (CE) 7.1 Installation Support Release 5 (SR 5)

SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment (CE) 7.1

General Information

SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment is SAP's environment for creating and deploying composite applications to accelerate business process innovation. Since SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment is both a design-time and run-time environment, it enables both the creation and deployment of composite applications using the same software.

Product Availability

A list of all supported database and operating system combinations for SAP NetWeaver Compostion Environment 7.1 is available on SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/pam -> Product Availability Matrix -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver CE -> SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1.

Installation

The Master and Installation Guide - SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 describes how to plan your system landscape and to perform the installation of the SAP NetWeaver CE application system and the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio. The Master and Installation Guide are included in the shipment or the latest version can be download from sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/ce.

The SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio can also be installed from the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio update site. The update site can be found at https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/ce. To access the update site you need an SAP Service Marketplace user and password (S-user).

Notes

SAP Support Portal contains SAP Notes detailing solutions for known problems or providing additional information. You can search for and read SAP Notes on SAP Support Portal at service.sap.com/notes.

Support Package Stacks

All available and planned Support Package Stacks for SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 can be found on SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/netweaver -> SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 - Release specific Information -> Support Package Stack Information.

Documentation Center

All available implementation and maintenance documentation for SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment can be accessed on SAP Help Portal at http://help.sap.com -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver CE -> SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1.

On this page you will find links to the documentation for administrators, developers, and technology consultants.

Release Information

The Release Notes for SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 which describe the new functions and changes to previous releases are available on SAP Help Portal at http://help.sap.com -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver CE -> SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 -> What's new - Release Notes.

For information about SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 release restrictions, see SAP Hinweis 1004108.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm still confused. What we want to do is install SLD 7.1 in our landscape. Am I able to install SLD 7.1 from Netweaver CE 7.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes when we install ESR in CE7.1 SLD7.1 will be installed on CE7.1

Samrat