cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration model generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a integration model for master data- Schedule lines and contracts. We have a background job that generates and activates the model. If I regenerate the model in CFM1, does it hurt anything for the job?

I think every time you generate a model, a new model will be generated right? Does this cause any discrepancy?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its a standard practice to have a new integration model generated every day through RIMODGEN program that invokes CFM1 behind the scenes. The idea is to capture a changing set of APO relevant product locations or other objects. For this generally a daily generation model can keep up with this changing set of APO relevant objects. You then should invoke RIMODAC2 which is same as CFM2 in background. This will make sure that the existing IM is deactivated an new one is activated. It is never recommended to have two IMs active on the same object. SO make sure these are set through proper batch processes instead of manual

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

We have an active schedule line and we added items ( materials) to it. We have an active integration model containing this schedule line. Is it enough if we just deactivate the model and reactivate it to capture the changes or do I need to regenerate and activate it?

I deactivated and activated the model and I see the new items captured in the details of the schedule line. is it enough if I leave it like that or do I need to regenerate it?

Thanks for your time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you deactivate the model, generated the same model and reactivated it??

Otherwise there might be two models active for few products. Make sure that you donot have to manually perform this function. if you want to do it manually take the same activation model used in Batch processing. Deactivate the model, Generate the model, Activate the model again.

I have a small question: Is deleting the Imodel same as Deactivating the IM?

Thanks,

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Deactivating model is just making it inactive no send data. When you activate, it starts sending again. If the model is deleted, you have to create a new one all together.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the material in the schedule line you are adding is already a part of Integration model, then you dont have to do anything. The existing active model is a live connection and should technially pick up the new schedule line and push it across as part of changed order. In this situation you would not have to regenerate and reactivate the model.

However if the material is not part of the integration model, then you would need to generate the integration model with this additional scope and activate the model. If the model IDs are same, the act of activating the newly generate model will automatically deactivate the old integration model.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two types of sending data to APO through CIF

1) Sending only changes (Delta)

2) Sending everything (Delta+ New creation).

Considering there are three materials which changed on a certain day then just activating the IM model will work perfectly fine.

If along with three materials there was also an addition of a brand new material in R/3 . Then only by generating the Integration model will not help .

You will have to delete the original IM and recreate the same IM by using variants then activate the IM. By doing so it will consider as a initial transfer and send all the three old materials and the brand new material changes to APO.

If you feel it is useful pelase reward points.

The reason behind this behaviour : When you try to activate already existing IModel, then it only activates those objects which are already been generated and present during the generation of the IM.

So if a new material is created you will need more than just to generate. You will have to delete the model, generate the model, activate the model.

Thank You

My

Thanks,

My

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have the job scheduled and if you run the same job manually before the scheduled time , any changes to the master data that have happened till the time you run the job will be sent across to APO.

The new changes that might have happened will be sent across when the job runs again at the scheduled time.

If you do not run the job manually in between , the changes are sent across when the jobs runs at the scheduled time.

If you have set your job to delete and recreate the integration models , new models will be created. Otherwise only the delta will be sent across to APO.