cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW idoc type not same as source system idoc type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am getting following error while checking the connection of bw system with Source system in administrator workbench

"The BW idoc type zsb..... is not same as the source system idoc type."

Thanks.

Regards,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

did you check in WE20 transaction in both your systems ?

In logical systems info in BW you have to see the IDOC type for the inbound equal to the one you can see in the outbound in the same transaction of your source system...

Let me know !

Bye,

Roberto

(execute a check of source system in your BW, right-click on source system...)

(do you have the same problem for other extraction too ?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

Thanks for your answer,

We did all the settings in we20 in source system. While doing that in outbound parameter for message type "RSSEND", basic type i.e. idoc was not matching with that of in BW system.

So we added on entry in table "edimsg". But when we checked in table "RSBASIDOC", there was not entry for the corresponding bw logical system.

After all this, when we did right click and checked in rsa1->source system its giving the error

"The BW IDoc type ZSBA003 is not the same as the source system IDoc type".

So, what should be done in this case.

Please help me out to get it resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks

Regards,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

did you perform some client copy or similar activities ?!

Anyway, look at OSS Note 325470:

" (...In your source system...) Switch to Transaction WE20 (ALE partners).

Find the partner with type LS (logical system) with a name that is identical with the logical BW system name (entry in the RLOGSYS field of the RSBASIDOC).

Enter the following message types as OUTBOUND parameters:

- RSINFO: Enter the port of type transactional RFC which leads to the BW you found in WE21 (ALE ports).

The package size is 1. Select the option "Pass IDocs immediately" as output mode. The basis Idoc type is RSINFO.

- RSSEND: Enter the port which you found or created in step a).

The package size is 1. Select the option "Pass IDocs immediately" as output mode. The basis Idoc type is the same as the entry in the BIDOCTYP field which you note in Transaction SE16, Table RSBASIDOC.

Find the entry

with the logical system of the client in the SLOGSYS field and the entry with BW in the RLOGSYS field.

Enter message type RSRQST as INBOUND parameter. The process code of the message type is RSRQ. Select the option "start at once"."

Hope it helps!

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Roberto,

Hello i have already done everything whatever you have listed.

But,

The basis Idoc type has no entry in the table RSBASIDOC in Transaction SE16.

So i could not find the entry with the logical system of the client in the SLOGSYS field and the entry with BW in the RLOGSYS field.

This is the current status, So what should be done now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi roberto.

all you have to do is :

- delete the partner profiles in both systems ( bw and r/3 ).

- check the rfc conections and users also in both systems.

- restore the source system in bw.

i hope this help you.

Cesar.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Check whether the proper information is given regarding the source system i.e client and others.

Former Member
0 Kudos

everything is fine as far as the source system info is concerned i.e. client and all othe info. which needs to be given at the time of connection.