cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Polling Interval in File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know what can we set as the maximum polling interval in the Sender File adapter?

I have a scenario where I am setting the File Adapter polling interval as 7884000 secs. i.e.2190 hr= approx 3 months.

But the file adapter is polling at very short intervals.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Regards,

Sampada

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Please check question # 36 of SAP Note 821267

Thanx

aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

I do not have access to SAP note..could you please paste it here??

Regards,

Sampada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sampada,

I fyou are using the file polling time of 3months there will be a thread active to monitor hen to wake up the next poll. But if you are using the availability time, it is one thread for all channels monitoring all of them to check when a channel should be woken. So by performance, availability time seems to be a better option.

Thanks,

Valli.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try the availabilty schedulimg for adapters in this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/2a1a8620323f0ee10000000a114a6b/content.htm

Regards,

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can this polling interval not be achieved without using Availability Time planning???

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you give a large polling interval, it should work without any problem(Atleast i have seen poll intervals upto 1 month).

Check if there are any other file adapters polling into the same directory.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi..for the quick replies.

No other adapters polling into the same directory.

The file adapter is accepting this large a number as the polling interval but not polling correctly.

But isnt there some documentation where we can go and verify if this is a valid time interval???

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to configure the polling settings so that the system does not become overloaded, but at the same time, in a way that end users do not notice a major decrease in performance over time. Keep in mind that the greater the polling interval, the less frequently users will receive updates.