cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer of shopping cart, purchase order and contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I wanted to ask about buyers. Are buyers usually a purchasing group/organisation? I am not sure if my thinking is right but wouldn't a buyer of a shopping cart and purchase order be the same. And a buyer of a contract would or can be different to the shopping cart because a contract is a source of supply and is probably linked to many purchasing groups/organizations.

Is this reasoning right? Buyers are different to approvers too isn't it? Please could someone explain this to me?

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

Are buyers usually a purchasing group/organisation?

Ideally each buyer should ahve a unique purchasing group. In thsi case we can say that each buyer is a purchasing group. However, in some companies, its a possiblity of sharing a purchasing group. In that case multiple buyer users will be assigned to purchasing groups in the SRM organizational structure.

buyer of a shopping cart and purchase order be the same.

Normally, if a PO is created w.r.t. SC, the purchasing group is copied. So its the same. However we can change the purchasing groups in sourcing cockpit using workload reassignment option or direcly in the PO/contract document.

So we can say that its necessary to have PO/contract purchasing group same as that in SC.

Regards,

Prashant

Do reward points for helpful answers

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not clear your question.

SAP provides sample role definition. This may help you.

SAP_BBP_STAL_EMPLOYEE = Creating Shopping Cart

SAP_BBP_STAL_OPERAT_PURCHASER = Handling PO, Conf, Invoice

SAP_BBP_STAL_STRAT_PURCHASER = Handling Sourcing, Contract

Regards,

Masa