cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP API Search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I use MDM ABAP API search to create a PO in R/3 .What I mean is After deduplication can I use the cleansed

material data for creating PO?If so can anyone guide me the steps .I have allready developed the API Program for data retrieval from MDM Repository.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it can be done

U use the API Program to extract the MDM Repository content into a DDIC Structure ( The fields in the DDIC Structure should be same as the field codes in the MDM Repository. Then create an elementary search help and attach the DDIC Structure containing cleansed data as a Selection Method. Then attach the elementary Search Help to the Collective Search Help associated with the Field ( for eg Material (MATNR) field has a Collective Search Help MAT1 .

Also in the Collective Search Help u need to add a Serach Help Exit Function Module where u will actually call the API Program.

Thus in PO Creation (T-Code me21n) each time u click the F4 Help on Mateial No Field The Search help exit function module runs and fetches u data from the MDM Repository in the Hit list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i develop the Search Help Exit Function Module?

Former Member
0 Kudos

U need to use the template of F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_EXAMPLE .Copy the Changing and Tables Parmeter in ur Function Module Interface Parameters.

Also call the API Program in the the event CALL PRESEL1.

Answers (0)