cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Upgrades

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I work for a Chemical industry and we have implemented MDM SP3 - we are now looking at upgrading it to SP5 any suggestions on how stable this is.

SAP has provided us with more information - but would be helpful to speak to experts who have done it in the past to seek options and approch.

Phil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Since u are upgrading from Sp03 it make take more time due to API adaptation.It would be better if u switch to Sp06

Unload all repositories.Verify and Repair in case of errors.Stop all server and applications.

Archive all repositories.Back up MDM installation files(mds,mdis,mdss)

If using portal,save configurations.

Uninstall MDM .

Install SP05 or Sp06 in order of

MDM server

MDM Import Server

MDm syndicator server

GUI(console,DM,IM,Syndicator)

publisher,Indexer(optional)

API packages

After Installation

place backed up repositoriesin archive folder.

Unarchive and then update them.

Login to repository

Verify and load.

Validations in Sp03 work on display field so have to rework.

Syndicator Maps hav to be created again.

Regards

Nisha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the below steps for upgrading the MDM Server:

1. Take the Archieve of all the repositories.

2. Copy the Archive files from the folder <MDM Installation directory>\Archives into another place.

3. Uninstall all the MDM Components currently installed in the system like MDM Server, Import Server, Syndication Server and GUI Clients. This step is optional because when you install the new version, older one gets over write automatically.

4.Install the MDM Server and the GUI Clients of newer version.

5. Copy the Archives saved before into the path mentioned above i.e. Archives folder.

6. Start the MDM Server and use UnArchive command to get the repositories on this newly installed MDM Server.

7. Load the repositories with Update Indices.

I dont think you would face any issues in upgradation.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phil,

We are currently implementing SP05 for a chemical Industry client. SP05 is much more stable when compared to even SP04. We have also implemented SP04 previously for a different chemical industry client.

A couple of things as far as the comparision goes:

1) Server: We have been running 3 objects, each containing about 250K main table records and we have had no major issues to date. With SP04 we had some issues with large datasets.

2) Data Manager: Within a particular object and when there are multiple objects there has been a maked improvement

3) Import Manager: Loading Data with SP04 was a pain. With SP05 it has been much more efficient and responsive.

4) Syndicator: We have not noticed any appreciable difference.

5) Import and Syndication servers: They have been excellent. We have had no issues.

Overall, I would definitely recommend the upgrade.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well Sorry If I havent made this clear while posting.

Implementing SP4/5 is not the mandate.. i wanted to know more on upgrade issues.

Thanks nevertheless.

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

A consideration - while upgrading from SP03 to higher versions, you require to upgrade your matching strategy since SP03 is old matching functionality.

Hope this helps,

+ An