cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to alias default_host in CRM UI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are going to be deploying CRM 5.2 (Web Client) and need to alias the default_host since the website will be accessible externally (outside firewall).

We will be using a web dispatcher to load balance connections between two app servers and act as a reverse proxy. However, we believe that in addition to the web dispatcher, we need to reference the CRM Web UI using an alias hostname so the service paths are not using the default_host which is the local server name and can only be resolved internally.

I am not sure how to do this. This is my first time implementing an SAP Web Application (BSP) and I am not familiar with the correct method to alias a hostname for a BSP application. Is this all done from within SICF? Is so, what would be the proper way to implement virtual hosts, external aliases, etc. to accomplish this?

Please advise ASAP and I will reward points.

thanks!

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand well your need, you don't need an alias for CRM.

All is managed by the SAP Web Dispatcher.

Check this excellent SCN Wiki : https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BSP/Using+Proxies

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the posting. We are sending HTTP(S) requests through the Web Dispatcher, however we are still having an issue with the CRM UI Header Component (sap/bc/bsp/sap/crmcmp_hdr/bspwdapplication.do), which is not behaving like the rest of the UI. We can browse directly to the URL for this component (either aliased through the web dispatcher or not) but when we access it through the crm_ui_frame application, it always uses the default_host which is what we are trying to alias.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't remember if it's still needed with recent support packages but maybe you need a entry in the HTTPURLLOC table ?

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (0)