cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages in SAPConnect (SCOT) hanging in item 'in transit'

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

I saw that there were a couple of messages sitting 'waiting' so I started the send process, it moved along but just got hung up in the column 'in tansit'

i can no longer start the send process for these items again as there are no items to send...

I am not sure what else to look at or troubleshoot where it's hung up on?

I've gone thru every menu option, confirmed every SCOT configuration

It is under

INT

SMTP

InTransit

Any advise would help as we depend on this to identify when there are interface issues to non-sap systems

Maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

antonio_voce
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

t.code SOST ( helpful informations )

Antonio,.

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Your welcome

but, my question now switches to ... the messages are now moved to 'errors' what does this mean and how can I get the logs of what has happened?

I have looked up and down the menu picks 10times and still have not been able to identify the problem

Configurations on this server are exactly the same as they are on all other 3 servers.

maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to do a test send message from your bussiness work place (SBWP) they try to send the message from SCOT

this time if any error occur you can check in your business work place

Samrat

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

test resulted in error re: configuration errors in SMPT node

I've compared the configuration with that in production,

and it seems to be the same.

Maybe if I can delete those messages in errors then it will go thru? If so how do I delete them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SCOT is not a queue system, so the erred messages will not block future messages.

In SCOT, when you double click the SMTP under message type INT, are you sure you checked everything? Did you check the supported addresses types and click each of the set buttons?

Also, did you check to see if the SAP system user has access to the Mail Host indicated?

Lastly, check the mail host - see if you are getting pinged by SAP first, then check if there are any errors on the mail server logs.

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

SMTP (INT) is exactly working and configured like the instance of SAP that is successfully able to send messages.

address types are the same

I can ping the mail server from the SAP Server (so ping out ok) use <sid>adm

donno? messages still are falling in the errors bucket.

Thes error in SWBP is Message cannot be transferred to node SMTP due to connection error (so ECC cannot get out to the mail server) BUT I can ping the mail server while I am on remote in to the SAP server

I will need to check on the mail server now

antonio_voce
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

connection test to mail server is not only the ping. SMTP work on port 25 of TCP.

So open a command promps from sap server and write :

telnet "hostnamemailserver" 25

then press ok

the result must be a black window.

It work or you receive a message error ?

Antonio.

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Double click the SMTP node and make sure the check box "Node in use" is checked.

-RT

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

This is the problem, I cannot do telnet to mail server.

passed problem to Network team, waiting on reply

btw, node IS in use

maria

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

internal network team resolved