cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc adapter to non-SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I need to send an IDoc from SAP to a 3rd party system via XI. The 3rd party application can handle IDocs therefore I need to use the IDoc adapter to send the IDoc to the 3rd party application.

My problem is that I canu2019t setup the port in IDX1 because it is looking for a RFC connection of type R3 but in actual fact the RFC connection to the 3rd party system needs to be of type TCP/IP.

How can I setup an IDoc adapter to send an IDoc to 3rd party applications?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope that is not the case.

The 3rd party systems can receive IDocs using the SAP connector. This interface was in place before we introduced XI/PI to our landscape, and we donu2019t want to edit the 3rd party interface. Therefore we need to implement the IDoc adapter to send IDocs to the 3rd party application. SAP clearly states that you can use the IDoc adapter to send IDocs to third party applications but I just donu2019t know how? See link below

[SAP Help IDoc Adapter|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/ab/bdb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think ur third party will accept the IDOC XML not the IDOC.

Just check with ur third party in which format the data is accepted.

if its IDOC XML then u can use the file receiver adapter and place the IDOC XML file on 3rd party folder.

chirag