Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Profit Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PS Gurus,

Kindly help me out on this.

My Query:-

I am trying to create a PO using the T-code ME58. When i am selecting the PR and adopting it i get a message as "Profit Center was set to 9999". However i want to post the data to profit center 1300.To do so the system is asking me to to assign the PSG, cost center or other object to that profit center as well.

Diagnosis by the System

You entered profit center 1300 or transferred it from a previous transaction, such as material receipt from an external order. However, the system derived the profit center 9999 from the account assignments.

Kindluy suggest as to where i should go and change the profit center so that i dont get the error message while creating the PO.

Points will be rewarded.

Regards,

Gokul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check YourPurchase requistion ...what profit center is taken there..for permanet setting you can set your desired profit center from project definition TAB (BAsic data TAB -Organisation )...or from Project Profile (OPSA )....

Rewards the points if useful.

Regards

Rama Shanker Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Ram,

I followed your instructions and entered the required profit center in the project profile.Still i am getting the same error message.Also i tried to find out the profit center in the PR but was unable to do it.

Can you please what else is to be done to sort out this issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Rama,

Can you please help me in sorting out this issue? Its Urgent.

Thanks & Best Rgds,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.R.S.Sharma

You Consult this problem from Mr.Goutam in Your organisation. He can easily solve your Problem

Thnks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gokul,

In T-code OKB9 check the profit center is assigned to which cost center and cost element.

In mm03 check materail to which profit center it is assigned and in ks03 check the costcenter to which profit center it is assigned.

finally check the project profit center.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear NAG,

As suggested i checked the Proift Center in t-code OKB9. I found the details as follows:

CoCd - 1000 (IDES AG)

Profit Center - 9000 (IDES Portugal)

Cost Center - This field is blank

Cost Element - 800000

I checked the profit center in the material master also and found that the profit center 1300 is assigned, which is fine. Also i checked the profit center in my project. There too the same profit center has been assigned.

I changed the profit center from 9000 to 1300 in t-code OKB9, and tried making the PO.But still i am getting the same error.I have checked the entire list of profit centers assigned to CoCd 1000 in t-code OKB9 but nowhere i could find the profit center 9999 assigned. I am confused as to from where the system i picking up this profit center (9999). When i checked the details of the profit center 9999 it was found that it is a Dummy profit center but i dont know where it is assigned and from where the system is picking this Profit center.

Request you/anyone to knidly help me out in solving this issue. For your information i am trying this example in IDES.

Please help me out.

Thanks & BEst Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

check the material master of the material also.

regards

Pratap.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pratap,

I checked in the material master.However no profit center has been assigned to the material.I assigned the profit center 1300 in the material master but unfortunately i am getting an ABAP screen.The screen shows a breakpoint. I dont know whether its an error or something else.Need to consult ABAP guys for this.I tried to avoid getting that error message by entering the profit center in the basic data tab page of the project definition but still am getting the same error.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To proceed from the breakpoint screen, you keep pressing the "F8" button. Then see what happens. Or else ask an ABAPer to remove the breakpoint.

regards

Pratap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pratap,

I proceeded by pressing F8 and was successful in changing the material. Later i tried creating the PO, but the moment i copy the PR i get the error message "Profit center was set to 9999".

Where else do i go and change the Profit Center to 1300 so that i dont get this error?

Regards,

Gokul