Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<removed by moderator>

XI is trying to pick files from the folder Shipment/PRD/

The file access parameters are given as

Source directory: /Shipment/PRD/

File Name: O_500*

Now in the production enviornment, there is no file present in the directory. But it is throwing an error. According to me when folder is empty, it should not throw an error. It should throw an error only when trying to process a file.

The error description is as follows:

" Could not process file 'O_500: No such file or directory': com.sap.exception.standard.SAPIllegalArgumentException: The parameter "argument" has the value "ftp://yefhs60.eu.ykgw.net:21/Shipment/PRD/O_500: No such file or directory", so it contains the character "*" which is not allowed "

I can understad the message that "No file or directory is present (indeed there is no file present. The directory is empty)"

But why is star () an illegal character. Should we give O_500.* to avoid this comm channel error?

<removed by moderator>

Thanks,

John

Edited by: Mike Pokraka on Jul 24, 2008 1:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well John, just giving * for the file name should work, see whether your path is fine and whether the file really exists? check your authorization to process the file if exists? also check the polling interval.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Iam facing same issue with the fileadapter, can you tell me how you rectified this problem.

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Me too faced this problem months before , from the post in SDN , i heard both NFS and FTP supports wildcards

Try to use : O_500*xml (or) other format u r trying to pass as file.

Well if above is not working there is alternate solution too if u r length of file name is constant for ex: if it has 5 Nos

put file name as : ?????.xml

u wud work : Note : this would not be helpful if the file length is varying

well try out above and lemme know

<removed by moderator>

rgds

srini

Edited by: Mike Pokraka on Jul 24, 2008 1:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is happening because of you have set the polling interval for every some x Sec.

So the file adapter is trying to look into that DIR.

Basically one more thing is that the DIR path which u have mentioned in CC may not correct.

Check that once

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try for file name like this.

Suppose:'O_500xxx.xml then try for O_500*.xml

Thanks,

Boopathi

Former Member
0 Kudos