cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast consumption by requested date of SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

In our business scenario, we would like the forecast to be consumed by Sales Order on the basis of Requested Date and not on Material Availability Date (standard functionality). So when MAD (Material Availability Date) of an open Sales Order changes from one month to another month due to nightly BOP run, it starts consuming forecast for the next month. This is not desired as business wants that forecast to be consumed by original requested date of Sales Order.

If you have worked with similar requirement, could you please share the same? Points to helpful answers!!

Thanks,

Prasun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you ever solved this? I have the same problem... I'm a demand planner.. using strategy 40 to load my Forecast into SAP (PIRs VSF).... Everything is fine with my forecast until I received the sales orders because they consumed my Independent Requirements by MAD date (which is 18 days before customer request date)... So  the planners in the sites are receiving pull in messages everytime we receive and order and also... we may not have stock available for 18 days before....

Hope you can help...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Salvador,

Consumption of forecast does not typically result in excess pull-in messages.  Sales order confirmations (ATP) are what causes this problem.

Are you performing ATP in ERP or in APO (this is an APO forum)?  If in APO, how is GATP configured?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you saying after you run BOP, the forecast consumption changes due to the confirmation date changing?

You may want to verify your BADI is working correctly.

Forecast consumption works off request date.

For instance, what if there are no confirmed quantities? Do you not want forecast consumed anyway?

ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasun,

We faced this scenario. BOP changes the MAD of sales order and depending upon the results it will push/pull sales orders in the planning book. And hence it will consume forecast wherever sales order is pushed / pulled.

Unfortunately as per standard configuration nothing can be done as we raised same with OSS also (you can also try it).

What you can do is create a BDC in R/3 which will overwrite MAD in sales order by First delivery date after each BOP run. This will help to keep sales order to its original first delivery date in SNP planning book where forecast consumption occurs.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav

Thanks for the reply. I am not so familiar with BDC. Could you please share with us the details of BDC that you have used?

Also did it solve the issue of online consumption in SNP Planning Book i.e. when I see the forecast consumption in SNP Planning Book, does it update it dynamically? Is there any impact on BOP for this change?

Regards,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasun,

You will have to take help from ABAP consultant. In sales order document in procurement tab u will find MAD and delivery dates as per schedule lines. As we know now, that MAD is changed after BOP and it needs to restored by delivery date.

This will not alter BOP results and will help for correct forecast consumption.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Vaibhav

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure if your observation is correct. The standard behaviour is to look at requested date but order confirmation is done based on material availability.

Instead you would want to change the consumption window to something wider. So in the Demand tab of location product keep consumption mode of 2 and a wider backward/forward consumption window. Also check the help on consumption mode. It clearly states that it is the requirement date that matters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

Unfortunately, we cannot use the consumption mode and periods are not useful in this case. We have already implemented monthly consumption using a BAdI.

We would like to change the consumption window so that Sales Order quantity gets consumed on the same month as its original requested date.

It will be greatly appreciated if you can give some idea.

Thanks,

Prasun

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try this out. IN SPRO, in APO under product one can specify the requirement strategy in terms of what it can consume. Eg in strategy 10, the consumption group is K01 --> which is based on ATP category BM and quantity type 01.Try to change that 01 to 02 and see if it works.