cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pre requisitesfor XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the pre requisites for integration of JAVA to SAP.Do i need any JAVA developer?My JAVA application is based on web service standards.I need to integrate it?

Sender system :JAVA

receiver system:SAP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181959
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The prerequisites for this might be you need have good knowledge on core java programming. If at all if you want to use sample java applications. But if at all you eant use java web applications then you need have knowledge on J2ee as well. good knowldge on object oriented programming.

Then also you need have little knowledge on RFC and web servies in SAP. For example you may need to generate webservices in SAP for all them from java application.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Prasad Babu.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is any webservice then better to use HTTP ot SOAP adapter as sender.

Please check one example in below link.

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/1442 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr.Farook shaik,

If ur using Java web applications at sender side, then better to go for HTTP Adapter at sender side.It would be better than to use Soap. Bcause it will be reside at directly at Integration Engine.Means in ABAP Stack. At receiver side based on ur requirement u have to use the Idoc or RFC.

I hope this will be useful for u.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for ur valuable inputs Mr.Ravi kumar chandragiri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said that you have JAVA Application which is exposed as Webservice

So you can use SOAP Adapter OR HTTP at Sender side and at receiver side u can use Idoc or RFC or Proxy according to ur requirement

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want connect your java application with SAP R/3 if it is a web appliction you require HTTPIDOC or HTTP-RFC scenario. If you develop webservices you can use SOAP--RFC or SOAPIDOC. You dont worry about what is the technology used for creating webservices. its just like webservices to SAP integration.

Thanks,

RamuV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

refer the below thread the same question has been answered.

Use SOAP at ender side.

Use either IDOC,Proxy or RFC at SAP end.

chirag