cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing an IFS folder on AS/400 with a windows server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I need to share an IFS folder with a windows server. I have created an AS/400 NetServer file share by using Operations Navigator, with no problems.

From windows server, I create a Map Network drive, setting an AS/400 user and password. Then I can see the IFS folder on AS/400. The problem, is that I only can use that drive when I am logged on Windows server with the user that I have created the drive.

I need that the drive is always available for the windows server, in order that a SAP instance that runs in the windows server can use that drive. I need to use that drive in Tr. OAC0 for Basic path and Archive path.

Perhaps, is there another option of Mapping a network drive?

Some ideas, how I can do that?

Regards

Eduardo Barrios

Compañía Cervecera de Canarias S.A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This helped resolve some of our similar problems (V5R3):

[Configure iSeries NetServer with the address of the network WINS server|http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp?topic=/rzahl/rzahlnetwinsaddress.htm]

( http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp?topic=/rzahl/rzahlnetwinsaddress.htm )

HTH,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eduardo,

If the SAP instance is on Windows, would you try to map the drive for user SAPService<SID> on Windows? You may have to adjust the group policy to allow SAPService<SID> to logon interactively to Windows first.

Another method is to share a directory on Windows, then map it from iSeries to QNTC filessystem.

As Abhi mentioned, the Content Server works well with ArchiveLink.

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo ,

I would think if you set up the network drive with the <SID>ADM user ID or <SID>NN user ID/password, it may be more helpful as the SAP system runs under those user ID's...Creating these User ID on windows with the same user name/password will also help.

But before we get on to that.I believe you are trying to set up DMS/archivelink on a file based system.

Why don't you do it on MAXDB ? That is much more stable and will give you probably better managebility and performance.

In a file system , there would be one folder created for each document..

Its gets messier very easily...huge number of folders..

Just to let you know, content server as far as I know, is not yet supported on iseries.

Thanks

Abhi