Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Stock Configuration across the Supply Chain

sudhir_gulati
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

here's my query. This is more related to configuring Make To Order on R/3 Side.

As a Requirement, my client would want that across the supply chain, to trace the stocks relevant for a particular Sales Order. One way I came across was using Sales Order Stock.

The Product Flow Network is like :

Plant > BSR > WH1 > WH2 > Invoicing Point.

(- No Planned Movement Doc in Plant-BSR) > STO(B-W) > InterCo PO(W1-W2) > STO(W2-Inv. Point)

What I would like to know is that using MTO strategy and Sales Order Stock, how can we configure the following scenario?

1. Sales Order is Created with Account Assignment

2. InterCompany STO and InterPlant STO can be created with Account Assignment Category Type 'E' and reference to the Sales Order-Item No.

3. Using STOs at BSR, Propogate the Demand to Plant, create a Planned Order with Account Assignment and Sales Order Reference.

4. Production and subsequent GR to Sales Order Stock at BSR

5. Subsqeuent Deliveries only against the Relevant STOs and GR to Sales Order Stock at all locations in the network.

I would like to highlight that the need for identification of linking SO to Production Order is only from the stage of SKU-production order at the plant to utpo final delivery from the Invoicing plant.

regards,

Sudhir

Edited by: Sudhir Gulati on Jul 23, 2008 12:05 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Typically MTO situation is better modeled in PPDS since it does pegging through the network. In SNP we typically do dynamic pegging and hence it will be difficult to link the sales order all the way to production order. Having said that SNP does take into account available resource for planning some of which could have been consumed by MTO orders. This perhaps may not be helpful to your scenario.

As I said dynamic pegging is done with SNP. So when you use SNP in the network, you can basically check the product view to see the supply-demand links. (/sapapo/rrp3) These links are indicative and you should be able to use them for tracing purposes.

Answers (0)