cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection lot while customer returns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I want to activate QM while customer returns.for that I have activated 05 insp.type for rework order type in customization.

and I have activated same to material also.

when return occured lot is generating but stock was in return stock type and there is no stock tab in UD screen.what was the problem

plz help me

regards

prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prasad,

follow this path.

tcode vov6 - there will be schedule line category DN.

go to details of DN.In Business data,check which movement type is assigned here.

I think in your case it will be 651.

change it to 655 and try now.

hope it will work.

Please let me know how it is working and which movement type was assigned in your case.

vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vishal,

Thank u for your reply.Yes u r right .It was 651 mvt type.I changed to 655.now it is posting to QI .

now I have one more query that in stock overview(MMBE) what is the stock type Sales order QI .

plz clarify this also .

Regards,

prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

prasad,

it is a sales order stock whcih is under Quality inspection.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sales order QI is stock committed to a customer via a sales order. Usually in the make-to-order scenario's. I

Craig

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inspectoin type 05 is a stock relevant inspection type. Standard SAP used 06, a non-stock relevant inspection type.

To use 05 you must assign the 05 inspection type to the delivery item in configuration.

QM>Quality Inspection>Inspection Lot Creation-->Inspection at Shipping

Then select "Assign inspection lot origin to Delivery type"

For returns you will set LR to 05.

I think you have done that. I believe you also need to change the movement type used.

See the information below from SAP help.

Let me know how you make out!

Craig

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_01/helpdata/en/a5/63360a43a211d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Entering Returns with a Returns Delivery

If a returns delivery exists, the return should be posted in the Sales (SD-SLS) component, not in the Inventory Management component.

Depending on how Customizing for Sales is configured (the movement type is configured in the step Define Schedule Line Category), the delivery is posted to the following stock:

Blocked stock returns (non-valuated, not unrestricted-use) (movement type 651)

Unrestricted-use stock (movement type 653)

Quality inspection stock (movement type 655)

Blocked stock (movement type 657)

If the given quantity is posted to blocked stock returns first, you can make a manual goods movement posting in the Inventory Management component to transfer the quantity to valuated stock.

former_member311826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Assign Insp type 06 in material master. t will generate lot in quality whn cusomer return take place.

revert back if ny query

Regards

Abhijit Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

05 is stock ir-relevant inspection type, you will not able to find it there.

Regards,

Shyamal