cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts

I am new to XI.I have to do my project on XI which is JAVA(web service) to SAP integration.at the out bound system i will define the fields in the outbound system which are in the JAVA application DATABASE(mySQL).how i will pick that fields from mySQL database and I will take the sender adapter as jdbc and my receiver adapter as RFC.Or i neet to take diffrent adapters rather than those two adapters.

Outbound system:java

Inbound system:SAP R/3.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

use SOAP to RFC Scenario

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameera,

This should help you -

[Consuming XI Web Services|http://www.riyaz.net/blog/index.php/2007/12/10/xipi-consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-part-i/]

regards,

Riyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said the JAVA Application is Exposed as Webservice means

Use SOAP Adapter at Sender side

And You can use Either Idoc or RFC or Proxy According to your requirement

REgards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameera,

You can use SOAP at the sender side(if u want to access database directly then u have to go with JDBC adapter) and at the receiver side better to use idoc,as its eazy to configure than ABAP proxy.

Thanks & Regards,

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If u have available WebService, use it directly, as for JDBC Adapter u need JDBC Drivers which should be compatible with u r J2EE Stack of PI (jdk 1.4).

So better use : Webervice (Senedr SOAP Adapter)

Receiver : Can be RFC , ABAP Server Proxy , IDOC.

Receiver can be selected based upon u r availablity of RFC r IDOC .

But for better performance use : Server Proxy.

rwd points if useful

rgds

srini

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As u have webservice at sender, use soap adapter at sender. U can also use jdbc, but its always better not to touch the database directly.

Al receiver, use idoc if u have standard idocs available. Otherwise use ABAP proxy or RFC.

Regards,

Prateek