Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while copying DINA3. Help plzz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

I have a requirement wrt Page format.

I have a front-end dotmatrix printer EPSON made of model no-LQ-2090.

I am trying to copy from DINA3 to ZDINA3 with height restriction (i have reduced height from 420 mm to 215 mm but kept the width same). But the new ZDINA3 is not printing to the full width of the paper. Its printing as if the width is of portrait. In print preview i can see the full data but it doesn't come in actual print. di

Secondly it is not stopping at paper size of 215 MM (height). Now when i need to print continious 2 pages, it skips page 2 & prints in page 3 directly. Due to that the layout goes for a toss.

Can you please suggest how to restrict the paper height ?

I am using sapscript form in my program with Portrait as orientation.

Plz suggest

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stalin ,

SPAD settings will be fine . (Other wise u can try INCH12 format )

IN printer properties u have to create one page format with the your required page measurements (Ex : 30cm width & 35 cm height)

u can set the that page format in default u can avoid trucated text in output.

( U can ask u r administrator to do all these settings)

Please let me know any issues on this....

Regards ,

Rediez.

Former Member
0 Kudos

U have the same problem as me with the same printer model.

[|]

have u solve it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Basis/ABAP experts,

Plz suggest.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stalin ,

i think , its probs with new ur format , can u cross check ur setting sin SPAD .

P L

DINA3 X 00420 MM 00297 MM

DINA3 X 00297 MM 00420 MM

new Page Format shouldbe like this

P L

ZDINA3 X 00215 MM 00297 MM

ZDINA3 X 00297 MM 00215 MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prabhu,

Thanx for the reply.

I did the same thing. But problem is that when i print 1 page, the paper still stops at 420 mm although i have given the height as 215. Now this gives me problem when i try to print a 2 pages print & then all my layout settings goes down.

I think it can be done in some other settings related to page format like printer initialization etc. But not sure which one to do.

I need something like:

- width of 297

- height of 215

- page 1 printing shud stop at 215 mm (i.e printer shud stop exactly at height maintained).

If you can suggest something, that will be great.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stalin ,

yes u are right , u need to assign this page format to ur Local Dotmatrix printer ,check Device Type Settings as well.

SPAD--->Full Admin ->Device Types->pick ur device Types->Formats>Assign new Page Format-->Save.

Regards

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prabhu,

Thanx for the reply. These are SPAD settings

1. I have already assigned the Page format to my local printer also thru SPAD. ZTHWINRA

ZDINA3 S ZDINA3 X X SAPscript DIN A3 (Caution: Only supported by a few device types)

2. Page Format (both Portrait & Landscape)

ZDINA3 X 00215 MM 00297 MM

ZDINA3 X 00297 MM 00215 MM

3. Format Types

ZDINA3 S ZDINA3 X X SAPscript DIN A3 (Caution: Only supported by a few device types)

Now as i can see in Step 1, Printer settings, i am not sure what to give in Format Tab of Device type = ZTHWINRA & Format ZDINA3. This may be having the clue why its not stopping the page end at 215 mm & going upto 420 mm. Here are the items in Green color ie. set.

Printer Initialization:

1. THSAPWIN SAPscript spool form

1. change WinCharSet to 222(Thai)

\eW222;

1. select paper size(ZDINA3)

\ep5

End of Page

1. Formfeed

#\f

End of Line

1. Newline

\n

I hope this can help u suggest something. If need anything more, plz let me know.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Plz suggest based on the settings done by me. Any idea whatz missing.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey stalin,

Just check with your Basis consultant if the page format has been created for portrait or landscape. It is generally the problem with the basis settings , dont think anything much would be required at your end.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The page format has been created for Portrait Orientation. My Basis consultant has checked all settings but we cudn't get any solution.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas..

Plz suggest

regards