cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please correct me if I posted in the wrong subject .

We are going to implement the document archiving solution from OpenText ( IXOS ) . Is there anybody who has some experience with this solution ??

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my basic role is in data archiving..however, i may be helpful if you are presenting your query in front of us regarding document archiving.

Generally, for document archiving, we need one scan workstation with Livelink enterprise scan software for scanning the documents and Enterprise Windows viewer for viewing the archived documents after the document is scanned and archived, installed on your computer.

You scan incoming documents such as invoices, vendor copies, etc etc using the scanner and attach the same to a SAP document number and archive it.

The transactions OAC1, OAC2, OAC3, OAAD, etc etc and tables like TOA01/02/03 are used.

regrds,

shamim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shamim

Thanks for your response.

Yes that is in place , i mean scan station , viewer , LEA server with defined logical archives . If i create document type with " late archiving " I can easily attach every kind of files there .

Let's go further if I want to do the early scanning with using pipeline ExR3 , how to do this ??

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if I'm correct with the following solutions, however, i would request you to try once on any test system:

1.First scan any paper using your scanner

2. Then, go to txn OAWD, select any note of your choice there

3. Select any document number of your choice

4. The scanned paper must be attached automatically to the document number you selected just now

5. To verify whether, the scanned paper is attached or not, click on display object

6. In the document, you can find out the button in the upper left corner of the page, click on that...u can see the attchment if any.

Answers (0)