cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamice Dropdownlist based on BI query doesn't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

We have Visual Composer client version 700.13.0.1 and I try to have a dynamic dropdownlist based on a BI query variable. I've used VC Composer step-by step documentation of March 2008. I've found a not of where it says it doesn't work for SP10, but shoudl be fixed afterwards.

These are the Steps I did:

1) Delete the control and created a new Drop-down list control on the form.

2) Linked the BI query and selected the right Charecteristics

3) Mapped the input and output port to the only options you can choose

4) Mapped the input port to the right value

5) Mappted out putfield to the key and text.

6) I assigned the new contol to the input field of the BI query.

When I run the application, also the "waiting clock" keep turning. The rest of the application works fine. Any ideas what can be wrong?

Regards,

Arjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even when I don't delete it, it get now an compiling error. I have deleted the value help button and associated iviews. I have no idea how to look in the detail of the error message. This error message is very general "Compiling error"

Rgrds,

Guido

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

send the compilation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Govinda,

By drag and dropping the BI Query to the VC, the standard control is input field. I've deleted this control and created a new dropdown control. That's what I meant by deleting and mapping the control again.

Is this correct or not?

Regards,

Guido

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

don't delete the standard control ,to change its control type you can chanage it in its general properties

double click on that field its open the properties window then in general tab you change the control type to dropdwon

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in Steps 1 You told delete cntrol what control you are deleting and why ?

in Step 6 you told added a Control .to whatyou added and why?

Plz clarify above things first

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilson,

I've choosen not master data, but dimension table to read only data availabe in the cube. This is possible right?

Regards,

Arjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No problem at all as long you have data in your providers.

regards,

Gilson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjan,

I read your steps and it seems correct however you did not describe the step where you choose "Master Data" from you characteristic. Am I right?

Regards,

Gilson